The latest Texas art installation to live on through the magic of television is Thirst, the big tree that hovered above Austin’s Lady Bird Lake for several months, calling attention to the ecological devastation caused by the 2011 drought (as well as this year’s Central Texas floods).
KLRU will present an episode of Arts in Context entitled “Thirst” on Thursday, January 30 at 7:30 pm. The story of artist Beili Liu’s project, its collaborators and its production will also be posted on KLRU’s website after the show airs.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016
- Artists: Join the Space Poop Challenge! - November 29th, 2016