The latest Texas art installation to live on through the magic of television is Thirst, the big tree that hovered above Austin’s Lady Bird Lake for several months, calling attention to the ecological devastation caused by the 2011 drought (as well as this year’s Central Texas floods).
KLRU will present an episode of Arts in Context entitled “Thirst” on Thursday, January 30 at 7:30 pm. The story of artist Beili Liu’s project, its collaborators and its production will also be posted on KLRU’s website after the show airs.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016