The latest Texas art installation to live on through the magic of television is Thirst, the big tree that hovered above Austin’s Lady Bird Lake for several months, calling attention to the ecological devastation caused by the 2011 drought (as well as this year’s Central Texas floods).
KLRU will present an episode of Arts in Context entitled “Thirst” on Thursday, January 30 at 7:30 pm. The story of artist Beili Liu’s project, its collaborators and its production will also be posted on KLRU’s website after the show airs.
also by Paula Newton
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017