The latest Texas art installation to live on through the magic of television is Thirst, the big tree that hovered above Austin’s Lady Bird Lake for several months, calling attention to the ecological devastation caused by the 2011 drought (as well as this year’s Central Texas floods).
KLRU will present an episode of Arts in Context entitled “Thirst” on Thursday, January 30 at 7:30 pm. The story of artist Beili Liu’s project, its collaborators and its production will also be posted on KLRU’s website after the show airs.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016