In addition to the ten public sculptures throughout Dallas, ambitiously commissioned by the Nasher Sculpture Center in celebration of its tenth anniversary, the Nasher has also announced that it received an unprecedented number of important gifts in 2013 that have been added to its permanent collection.
The gifts include works by artists David Bates, Tony Cragg, Raoul Hague, Thomas Houseago, Dr. Lakra (Jerónimo López Ramírez), James Magee, Claes Oldenburg, Jaume Plensa, Sterling Ruby and Peter Voulkos. The two works by David Bates will be part of an upcoming career survey of his work, jointly presented by the Nasher and the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, which opens February 9.
also by Paula Newton
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016