On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five for Sept. 18, 2014 - September 18th, 2014
- Top Five: September 11, 2014 - September 11th, 2014
- Find out what's opening this week in your city! - September 9th, 2014
- VIDEO: Texas Contemporary Art Fair OPENING NIGHT - September 5th, 2014
- Top Five: Sept. 4, 2014 - September 4th, 2014