On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Timber! Watch the Live Feed of Glassell's Demolition - September 3rd, 2015
- Top Five Fall Preview: September 3, 2015 - September 3rd, 2015
- OFG.XXX Will Close Forever on Sept. 26 - September 1st, 2015
- Graffiti & Street Art Museum Established in Houston - August 31st, 2015
- Upcoming Musical Performance at McGee's Hill in West Texas - August 30th, 2015