On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5: May 21, 2015 - May 21st, 2015
- Top 5: May 14, 2015 - May 14th, 2015
- Top 5: May 7, 2015 - May 7th, 2015
- Bill's Sayonara Top Five: April 30, 2015 - April 30th, 2015
- Top Five: April 23, 2015 - April 23rd, 2015