On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: Nov. 20, 2014 - November 20th, 2014
- Top Five: Oct. 30, 2014 - October 30th, 2014
- Top Five: Oct. 23, 2014 - October 23rd, 2014
- Top Five Oct 16, 2014 - October 16th, 2014
- Top Five: Oct. 9, 2014 - October 9th, 2014