On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Tony Feher, 1956–2016 - June 27th, 2016
- VIDEO: Kimbell Fest: France! - June 27th, 2016
- Sugar Land is Developing a Public Art Plan - June 26th, 2016
- Today: A Flurry of Artist Talks Across Texas - June 25th, 2016
- Dallas Artist Ted Kincaid Has Founded a New Anti-Hate Project - June 23rd, 2016