On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: March 19, 2015 - March 19th, 2015
- Video: How To Get Rid of the Art You Don’t Want Anymore - March 18th, 2015
- Video: The Glasstire Talks: Hugh Forrest of SXSW Interactive - March 12th, 2015
- Top Five, March 12, 2015 - March 12th, 2015
- Top Five, March 5, 2015 - March 5th, 2015