On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Yesterday was Museum Selfie Day, But It's Never Too Late . . . - January 22nd, 2015
- Top Five, Jan. 22, 2015 - January 22nd, 2015
- Top Five: Jan. 15, 2014 - January 15th, 2015
- Video: 2014 Texas Art Trends (NSFW!) - January 1st, 2015
- Top Five Dec 18, 2014: The Shopping List - December 18th, 2014