On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Dennis Nance is the New Galveston Arts Center Curator! - August 29th, 2016
- Hello Studio in San Antonio is Looking for Residents - August 28th, 2016
- Highlights from NorthPark Center in Dallas - August 27th, 2016
- McNay Art Museum Receives $1 Million Gift - August 27th, 2016
- Chinese Man Tries to Destroy the Internet - August 27th, 2016