On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary Will Organize the Ukrainian Pavilion for the Venice Biennale - January 12th, 2017
- Top Five: January 12, 2017 - January 12th, 2017
- Marcel Dzama and the Love of all things Golden - January 11th, 2017