On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- The ArtSmarter Prize Will Actually Take Place on June 3! - May 23rd, 2016
- Austin to Get More Public Art - May 22nd, 2016
- Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum Finds a Lost O’Keeffe - May 21st, 2016
- Nice! Slideluck Returns to Dallas May 28 - May 20th, 2016
- Top Five: May 19, 2016 - May 19th, 2016