On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five July 30, 2015 - July 30th, 2015
- Donald Lipski Will Have Houston Peering UNDER Buffalo Bayou - July 29th, 2015
- Artist Takes You Inside Moby-Dick on Buffalo Bayou - July 28th, 2015
- Women & Their Work Looking for Artists for Upcoming Solo Shows - July 27th, 2015
- Top Five July 23, 2015 - July 23rd, 2015