On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- New Summer Tradition? The Nasher and Its Women - July 26th, 2016
- Spot Magazine Goes Digital! - July 25th, 2016
- Artist attempts to create most frustrating products imaginable - July 25th, 2016
- UNT Press is Releasing a Frank Reaugh Biography - July 24th, 2016
- $1000 in Free Art Today in Dallas! - July 23rd, 2016