On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Houston City Council Hates Birds - February 12th, 2016
- Party Pics: February 6 at 610 Gallery, Houston - February 11th, 2016
- Top Five: February 11, 2016 - February 11th, 2016
- Sex, Jokes, and Americana: The Menil's Big Copley Show Opens Feb. 19 - February 10th, 2016
- Texas Artist Chronicles Art of the Iberian Peninsula - February 9th, 2016