On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Announcing New Issue of Semigloss and Its Release Party - November 24th, 2015
- Party Pics: November 21 at BOX 13 ArtSpace, Houston - November 24th, 2015
- Ellsworth Kelly Sculpture Installed in Dallas Cowboy's AT&T Stadium - November 23rd, 2015
- Menil Announces Tom Rhoads as Interim Director - November 22nd, 2015
- Weekly Roundup, Nov. 22, 2015 - November 22nd, 2015