On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 4, in which Dave points out the constraints of identity art at universities, galleries, museums and other bastions of hell. He tells how Nixon used the NEA to emasculate private art collectors as arbiters of public taste.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: August 28, 2014 - August 28th, 2014
- Win a chance for a free SXSW pass at the Texas Contemporary Art Fair! - August 25th, 2014
- Six Public Sculptures in Texas to See Before You Die - August 24th, 2014
- Top Five: August 21, 2014 - August 21st, 2014
- Top 5: August 6, 2014 - August 6th, 2014