On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: September 11, 2014 - September 11th, 2014
- Find out what's opening this week in your city! - September 9th, 2014
- VIDEO: Texas Contemporary Art Fair OPENING NIGHT - September 5th, 2014
- Top Five: Sept. 4, 2014 - September 4th, 2014
- Top Five: August 28, 2014 - August 28th, 2014