On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: April 23, 2015 - April 23rd, 2015
- Top Five: April 16, 2015 - April 16th, 2015
- Top Five: April 9, 2015 - April 9th, 2015
- Top Five: April 2, 2015 - April 2nd, 2015
- Top Five: March 19, 2015 - March 19th, 2015