On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five Dec 18, 2014: The Shopping List - December 18th, 2014
- Top Five, Dec. 11, 2014 - December 11th, 2014
- Top Five, Dec. 4, 2014 - December 4th, 2014
- HAA Dogpile! Artists of Transported + Renewed Weigh In - December 1st, 2014
- Top Five: Nov. 27, 2014 - November 27th, 2014