On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5: May 28, 2015 - May 28th, 2015
- Top 5: May 21, 2015 - May 21st, 2015
- Top 5: May 14, 2015 - May 14th, 2015
- Top 5: May 7, 2015 - May 7th, 2015
- Bill's Sayonara Top Five: April 30, 2015 - April 30th, 2015