On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Artpace Announces Biannual Curatorial Residency - June 28th, 2017
- This and That: Kristen Cochran / Ken Kagami / Jac Leirner - June 28th, 2017
- Photographers: Register for FotoFest's Portfolio Review Sessions - June 27th, 2017
- A Side Trip to Michael Heizer's 'Double Negative' - June 27th, 2017
- Madrid Judge Orders Exhumation of Salvador Dalí's Remains - June 26th, 2017