On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- DMA Names New Curator - February 8th, 2016
- Art + Labor Reading Group Today, February 7, in Houston - February 7th, 2016
- Brad Tucker at Beefhaus, Dallas - February 6th, 2016
- ArtSmarter Prize: What Would Lauren Smart Do For Love? - February 6th, 2016
- Rusty Obelisk Removed for Restoration from Rothko Chapel - February 6th, 2016