On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Dallas Artist Ted Kincaid Has Founded a New Anti-Hate Project - June 23rd, 2016
- What Have We Done to the Texas Landscape? - June 23rd, 2016
- Top Five: June 23, 2016 - June 23rd, 2016
- Houston Center for Photography Announces New Executive Director - June 22nd, 2016
- Living Wall at UT Austin - June 22nd, 2016