On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Claire Danes is the New Full-Season Host of ART21 - May 27th, 2016
- Marfa Public Radio Founder Leaves Texas for Idaho - May 26th, 2016
- Top Five: May 26, 2016 - May 26th, 2016
- Video: Glasstire Off Road With William Wegman - May 25th, 2016
- The ArtSmarter Prize Will Actually Take Place on June 3! - May 23rd, 2016