On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Timber! Watch the Live Feed of Glassell's Demolition - September 3rd, 2015
- Top Five Fall Preview: September 3, 2015 - September 3rd, 2015
- OFG.XXX Will Close Forever on Sept. 26 - September 1st, 2015
- Graffiti & Street Art Museum Established in Houston - August 31st, 2015
- Upcoming Musical Performance at McGee's Hill in West Texas - August 30th, 2015