On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak in front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium.
Part 3 of 4: In which Dave bemoans the NEA, the administration of art history, the permanent reign of postminimalism, and the impossibility of stylistic innovation. Did you know that fair=mediocre, and that Christopher Wool is the worst artist ever?
Hang in there- Dave deals with a heckler (YO!) at 14:50.
Glasstire’s Hickey-fest concludes with part 4, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five May 5, 2016 - May 5th, 2016
- Nasher's Newest Grant Winners Announced - May 4th, 2016
- Party Pics: Glasstire's Off Road with William Wegman - May 4th, 2016
- No Guns At UH, Even If It's Art. Until August. - May 2nd, 2016
- Michael Mazurek Named Director of Goss-Michael Foundation in Dallas - May 1st, 2016