On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Call for Proposals: Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade - August 29th, 2015
- Raw Paw's Zine Release Party is Tomorrow in Austin - August 28th, 2015
- Malcolm! Malcolm Warner Returns to the Kimbell for One Night Only - August 27th, 2015
- Top Five August 27, 2015 - August 27th, 2015
- Online Auction for Unexpected Windfall of Iconic Posters - August 26th, 2015