On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Brad Tucker at Beefhaus, Dallas - February 6th, 2016
- ArtSmarter Prize: What Would Lauren Smart Do For Love? - February 6th, 2016
- Rusty Obelisk Removed for Restoration from Rothko Chapel - February 6th, 2016
- Panhandle-Plains Museum To Reopen Permanent Petroleum Exhibit - February 5th, 2016
- Barry Whistler Celebrates 30 Years With a Big Show and a Move - February 4th, 2016