On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Tony Feher, 1956–2016 - June 27th, 2016
- VIDEO: Kimbell Fest: France! - June 27th, 2016
- Sugar Land is Developing a Public Art Plan - June 26th, 2016
- Today: A Flurry of Artist Talks Across Texas - June 25th, 2016
- Dallas Artist Ted Kincaid Has Founded a New Anti-Hate Project - June 23rd, 2016