On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Michael Mazurek Named Director of Goss-Michael Foundation in Dallas - May 1st, 2016
- William Wegman Today in Houston: Rain or Shine! - April 30th, 2016
- What do artists and psychopaths have in common? - April 29th, 2016
- Top Five April 28, 2016 - April 28th, 2016
- Austin's First Art Fair Will Include the Following DFW Galleries... . - April 28th, 2016