On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Google Announces Winning Designs for Self-Driving Cars - November 29th, 2015
- University of Houston Commissions Mural for New Stadium - November 28th, 2015
- Thanksgiving Top Five: November 26, 2015 - November 26th, 2015
- Announcing New Issue of Semigloss and Its Release Party - November 24th, 2015
- Party Pics: November 21 at BOX 13 ArtSpace, Houston - November 24th, 2015