On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- DO NOT Miss Lionel Maunz's Talk At SMU Next Week - February 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017