On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Russia Hates Michelangelo's David - July 29th, 2016
- Party Pics: July 22 at Lawndale Art Center's The Big Show - July 29th, 2016
- Street Artist Makes Illegible Graffiti Legible - July 28th, 2016
- Top Five: July 28, 2016 - July 28th, 2016
- Project Row Houses Kicks Off Summer Studios 2016 - July 27th, 2016