On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Celebrities Want to Make Art! - October 22nd, 2016
- Welcome to our 15th Anniversary Celebration Week! - October 22nd, 2016
- A Behind the Scenes Look at Jesse Lott's Process - October 22nd, 2016
- Nasher Puts Out International Call for Graduate Papers - October 21st, 2016
- Kendall Jenner Copies Iconic Performance Artists to Create Her Own Performance Art - October 21st, 2016