On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five July 30, 2015 - July 30th, 2015
- Donald Lipski Will Have Houston Peering UNDER Buffalo Bayou - July 29th, 2015
- Artist Takes You Inside Moby-Dick on Buffalo Bayou - July 28th, 2015
- Women & Their Work Looking for Artists for Upcoming Solo Shows - July 27th, 2015
- Top Five July 23, 2015 - July 23rd, 2015