On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Madrid Judge Orders Exhumation of Salvador Dalí's Remains - June 26th, 2017
- Protestors Gathered Yesterday Against the Station Museum's Andres Serrano Exhibition - June 25th, 2017
- Help Set World Record For Most People Dressed Like Frida Kahlo - June 24th, 2017
- Proof: Arts Organizations are Crucial to the US Economy - June 23rd, 2017
- This and That: Lisa Shoyer / Magdalena Fernández - June 23rd, 2017