On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016
- Rienzi Gets a New Director - September 24th, 2016
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016