On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top 5: May 21, 2015 - May 21st, 2015
- Top 5: May 14, 2015 - May 14th, 2015
- Top 5: May 7, 2015 - May 7th, 2015
- Bill's Sayonara Top Five: April 30, 2015 - April 30th, 2015
- Top Five: April 23, 2015 - April 23rd, 2015