On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60′s and early 70′s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: August 28, 2014 - August 28th, 2014
- Win a chance for a free SXSW pass at the Texas Contemporary Art Fair! - August 25th, 2014
- Six Public Sculptures in Texas to See Before You Die - August 24th, 2014
- Top Five: August 21, 2014 - August 21st, 2014
- Top 5: August 6, 2014 - August 6th, 2014