On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Send your questions for Robert Irwin! - October 7th, 2015
- Artists: Wouldn't You Like a Show at Blue Star? - October 6th, 2015
- Quick: See Fall's First Round of Shows Before they Close - October 5th, 2015
- How Much Would You Pay for a Twombly? - October 3rd, 2015
- An Evening Celebration for a Great Oak Cliff Park - October 2nd, 2015