On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60′s and early 70′s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- The Complete Dave Hickey, parts 1-4 - February 2nd, 2014
- Top Five: January 30, 2014 - February 2nd, 2014
- Top Five: January 23, 2014 - January 23rd, 2014
- Video: Dave Hickey, part 4: Accommodating Identities - January 17th, 2014
- Video: Dave Hickey, part 3: Administrated Art History - January 15th, 2014