On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Highlights from NorthPark Center in Dallas - August 27th, 2016
- McNay Art Museum Receives $1 Million Gift - August 27th, 2016
- Chinese Man Tries to Destroy the Internet - August 27th, 2016
- A Mural of Lee Harvey Oswald Is Up in Dallas - August 26th, 2016
- The Top Five Museums in Texas: August 25, 2016 - August 25th, 2016