On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Glasstire invited cultural critic Dave Hickey to come to Houston to speak. In front of a full house at Rice University’s Sewell Hall auditorium, Hickey called ‘em like he seed ‘em.
Part 2 of 4, in which Dave eulogizes the undergound of the late 60’s and early 70’s, explains how everything has gone wrong with the artworld since.
He explains how the cold war led to the incorporation of art into the liberal arts at universities, and the disaster of placing older artists in charge of the productions of younger artists, ruining lives.
The Glasstire Hickey-fest continues with part 3, here.
also by Glasstire
- Artists make real money at this annual Houston market - July 2nd, 2015
- Top Five July 2, 2015 with special guest star Michael Bise! - July 2nd, 2015
- CADD announces this year's scholarship winner - June 30th, 2015
- Yes! So who's gettin' hitched? - June 26th, 2015
- Top Five: June 25, 2015 with Special Guest Star Heyd Fontenot! - June 25th, 2015