The Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) today announced the appointment of Gavin Delahunty as the new Hoffman Family Senior Curator of Contemporary Art. Currently the head of exhibitions and displays at Tate Liverpool and previously curator at Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art, Delahunty is a leading specialist in post-war art with strong experience in expanding contemporary art collections and programs. His predecessor, Jeffrey Grove, became the museum’s senior curator of special projects and research in May of last year. Delahunty will join the DMA in the spring.
During his tenure at Tate Liverpool, he has curated a number of exhibitions, including Alice in Wonderland: Through the Visual Arts, 2011; Charline von Heyl: Now or Else, 2012; and Chagall: Modern Master, 2013. His forthcoming exhibition Keywords: Art, Culture & Society in 1980s Britain is scheduled to open at Tate Liverpool in February 2014. Since 2011, he has been working on a catalogue raisonné of the poems of Carl Andre. Delahunty holds a Master of Arts degree in Visual Arts Practices from the Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Dublin (2004), and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Art and Print from Crawford College of Art & Design, Cork, Ireland (1999).
also by Paula Newton
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016