pant·i·soc·ra·cy (noun): a utopian community in which all rule equally
On Saturday night, the Amarillo Museum of Art (AMoA) opened Open, an exhibition of absolutely every artist who wanted to show work in the museum. Open, which required no entry fee, was open to all ages and levels of experience working in any medium. The museum only accepted one work per artist with the restrictions that it be appropriate for all ages and not to exceed 5 x 5’. The exhibition, hung salon style floor-to-ceiling, will be on view through January 11.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Curator Named One of “Twenty Most Influential” - October 26th, 2016
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016