pant·i·soc·ra·cy (noun): a utopian community in which all rule equally
On Saturday night, the Amarillo Museum of Art (AMoA) opened Open, an exhibition of absolutely every artist who wanted to show work in the museum. Open, which required no entry fee, was open to all ages and levels of experience working in any medium. The museum only accepted one work per artist with the restrictions that it be appropriate for all ages and not to exceed 5 x 5’. The exhibition, hung salon style floor-to-ceiling, will be on view through January 11.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016
- Artists: Join the Space Poop Challenge! - November 29th, 2016