pant·i·soc·ra·cy (noun): a utopian community in which all rule equally
On Saturday night, the Amarillo Museum of Art (AMoA) opened Open, an exhibition of absolutely every artist who wanted to show work in the museum. Open, which required no entry fee, was open to all ages and levels of experience working in any medium. The museum only accepted one work per artist with the restrictions that it be appropriate for all ages and not to exceed 5 x 5’. The exhibition, hung salon style floor-to-ceiling, will be on view through January 11.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017