pant·i·soc·ra·cy (noun): a utopian community in which all rule equally
On Saturday night, the Amarillo Museum of Art (AMoA) opened Open, an exhibition of absolutely every artist who wanted to show work in the museum. Open, which required no entry fee, was open to all ages and levels of experience working in any medium. The museum only accepted one work per artist with the restrictions that it be appropriate for all ages and not to exceed 5 x 5’. The exhibition, hung salon style floor-to-ceiling, will be on view through January 11.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015