For those who didn’t quite jump out of bed on New Year’s Day morning to join their fellow citizens for Commitment Day (5K runs held in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin, among other cities), there is an easier, more educational News Year’s resolution alternative: the Architecture Center Houston (ArCH) is continuing its Walking Tours series through May. The two-hour tours take place almost every Saturday morning and are designed to explore the architecture, design, and history of Houston’s urban landscape.
The schedule includes the “Urban Art Tour,” the “Downtown Geology Tour,” the “Towers and Trees Tour,” as well as tours of Montrose, the Heights and the Medical Center. Next up on the schedule (January 4 at 10 am) is the Rice University tour of the art, architecture, and hidden gems to be found on the Rice campus.
also by Paula Newton
- City of Houston Looking for More “Mini Murals” Artists - June 29th, 2017
- Contemporary Art Museum Plainview Trying to Get Ready to Open - June 28th, 2017
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017