For those who didn’t quite jump out of bed on New Year’s Day morning to join their fellow citizens for Commitment Day (5K runs held in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin, among other cities), there is an easier, more educational News Year’s resolution alternative: the Architecture Center Houston (ArCH) is continuing its Walking Tours series through May. The two-hour tours take place almost every Saturday morning and are designed to explore the architecture, design, and history of Houston’s urban landscape.
The schedule includes the “Urban Art Tour,” the “Downtown Geology Tour,” the “Towers and Trees Tour,” as well as tours of Montrose, the Heights and the Medical Center. Next up on the schedule (January 4 at 10 am) is the Rice University tour of the art, architecture, and hidden gems to be found on the Rice campus.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016