For those who didn’t quite jump out of bed on New Year’s Day morning to join their fellow citizens for Commitment Day (5K runs held in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin, among other cities), there is an easier, more educational News Year’s resolution alternative: the Architecture Center Houston (ArCH) is continuing its Walking Tours series through May. The two-hour tours take place almost every Saturday morning and are designed to explore the architecture, design, and history of Houston’s urban landscape.
The schedule includes the “Urban Art Tour,” the “Downtown Geology Tour,” the “Towers and Trees Tour,” as well as tours of Montrose, the Heights and the Medical Center. Next up on the schedule (January 4 at 10 am) is the Rice University tour of the art, architecture, and hidden gems to be found on the Rice campus.
also by Paula Newton
- Off to a Good Start! Moody Center Announces Inaugural Schedule of Artists - October 28th, 2016
- Tate Hires Houston Curator - October 27th, 2016
- Dallas Curator Named One of “Twenty Most Influential” - October 26th, 2016
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016