For those who didn’t quite jump out of bed on New Year’s Day morning to join their fellow citizens for Commitment Day (5K runs held in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin, among other cities), there is an easier, more educational News Year’s resolution alternative: the Architecture Center Houston (ArCH) is continuing its Walking Tours series through May. The two-hour tours take place almost every Saturday morning and are designed to explore the architecture, design, and history of Houston’s urban landscape.
The schedule includes the “Urban Art Tour,” the “Downtown Geology Tour,” the “Towers and Trees Tour,” as well as tours of Montrose, the Heights and the Medical Center. Next up on the schedule (January 4 at 10 am) is the Rice University tour of the art, architecture, and hidden gems to be found on the Rice campus.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017