Fort Worth-based artist Sedrick Huckaby has an exhibition, Everyday Grace, now on view at the Art League Houston through January 4, as well as Everyday Glory, on view at Dallas’ Valley House Gallery & Sculpture Garden through January 11, but it’s not everyday that a former president and first lady ask for a private tour with the artist. A few days ago, George W. and Laura Bush met with Huckaby for a walk-though at Valley House.
Huckaby is an assistant professor of art at UT Arlington; perhaps amateur painter George W. is shopping around for a local Painting II teacher to take his skills to the next level.
also by Paula Newton
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017