The Art League Houston (ALH) has announced an open call for exhibition proposals for the spring of 2014, which is kind of a big deal since the last time it held an open call was 2010. Visual Arts Director Jennie Ash calls the new selection process “a hybrid of traditional approaches”: in-house programming, the open call, and an artist advisory board. “[Executive Director] Michael Peranteau and I have been working really hard this past year to redesign how exhibitions are programmed,” says Ash, “making sure that the process is transparent and visible to the public.”
Submissions will now be reviewed twice a year; the next deadline is January 31.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017