The Art League Houston (ALH) has announced an open call for exhibition proposals for the spring of 2014, which is kind of a big deal since the last time it held an open call was 2010. Visual Arts Director Jennie Ash calls the new selection process “a hybrid of traditional approaches”: in-house programming, the open call, and an artist advisory board. “[Executive Director] Michael Peranteau and I have been working really hard this past year to redesign how exhibitions are programmed,” says Ash, “making sure that the process is transparent and visible to the public.”
Submissions will now be reviewed twice a year; the next deadline is January 31.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017