The Art League Houston (ALH) has announced an open call for exhibition proposals for the spring of 2014, which is kind of a big deal since the last time it held an open call was 2010. Visual Arts Director Jennie Ash calls the new selection process “a hybrid of traditional approaches”: in-house programming, the open call, and an artist advisory board. “[Executive Director] Michael Peranteau and I have been working really hard this past year to redesign how exhibitions are programmed,” says Ash, “making sure that the process is transparent and visible to the public.”
Submissions will now be reviewed twice a year; the next deadline is January 31.
also by Paula Newton
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Art About Anxiety, Stress, and Neuroses - November 30th, 2015
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015