If anyone actually needs help in staging awkward family holiday portraits, Houston’s Lawndale Art Center is here to help. Artist-in-residence Emily Peacock knows awkward; for her show, You, Me & Diane, at Lawndale last year (and recently shown at Galveston Art Center), she wrangled some of her own family members into restaging some iconic Diane Arbus images.
On Saturday, December 14, Peacock will be holding a free photo session and open studio from 12-4 pm. Bring props, ugly sweaters, some family members or strangers off the street and capture the moment of discomfort and embarrassment forever.
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016