If anyone actually needs help in staging awkward family holiday portraits, Houston’s Lawndale Art Center is here to help. Artist-in-residence Emily Peacock knows awkward; for her show, You, Me & Diane, at Lawndale last year (and recently shown at Galveston Art Center), she wrangled some of her own family members into restaging some iconic Diane Arbus images.
On Saturday, December 14, Peacock will be holding a free photo session and open studio from 12-4 pm. Bring props, ugly sweaters, some family members or strangers off the street and capture the moment of discomfort and embarrassment forever.
also by Paula Newton
- Do Good Fences Make Good Photos? - December 1st, 2015
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Art About Anxiety, Stress, and Neuroses - November 30th, 2015
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015