If anyone actually needs help in staging awkward family holiday portraits, Houston’s Lawndale Art Center is here to help. Artist-in-residence Emily Peacock knows awkward; for her show, You, Me & Diane, at Lawndale last year (and recently shown at Galveston Art Center), she wrangled some of her own family members into restaging some iconic Diane Arbus images.
On Saturday, December 14, Peacock will be holding a free photo session and open studio from 12-4 pm. Bring props, ugly sweaters, some family members or strangers off the street and capture the moment of discomfort and embarrassment forever.
also by Paula Newton
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017
- Body Art and Chicken Wings - June 21st, 2017