If anyone actually needs help in staging awkward family holiday portraits, Houston’s Lawndale Art Center is here to help. Artist-in-residence Emily Peacock knows awkward; for her show, You, Me & Diane, at Lawndale last year (and recently shown at Galveston Art Center), she wrangled some of her own family members into restaging some iconic Diane Arbus images.
On Saturday, December 14, Peacock will be holding a free photo session and open studio from 12-4 pm. Bring props, ugly sweaters, some family members or strangers off the street and capture the moment of discomfort and embarrassment forever.
also by Paula Newton
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016