If anyone actually needs help in staging awkward family holiday portraits, Houston’s Lawndale Art Center is here to help. Artist-in-residence Emily Peacock knows awkward; for her show, You, Me & Diane, at Lawndale last year (and recently shown at Galveston Art Center), she wrangled some of her own family members into restaging some iconic Diane Arbus images.
On Saturday, December 14, Peacock will be holding a free photo session and open studio from 12-4 pm. Bring props, ugly sweaters, some family members or strangers off the street and capture the moment of discomfort and embarrassment forever.
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015