If anyone actually needs help in staging awkward family holiday portraits, Houston’s Lawndale Art Center is here to help. Artist-in-residence Emily Peacock knows awkward; for her show, You, Me & Diane, at Lawndale last year (and recently shown at Galveston Art Center), she wrangled some of her own family members into restaging some iconic Diane Arbus images.
On Saturday, December 14, Peacock will be holding a free photo session and open studio from 12-4 pm. Bring props, ugly sweaters, some family members or strangers off the street and capture the moment of discomfort and embarrassment forever.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017
- Getting Sweaty at the Museum - August 11th, 2017