The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is now accepting artist applications for CraftTexas 2014, the eighth in a series of juried exhibitions showcasing Texas-made contemporary craft. The show, which opens in late September, will be juried by Carol Sauvion of the PBS series Craft in America, Piero Fenci, Ceramics Department Head, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Clint Willour, Curator of the Galveston Arts Center.
Texas artists who work in clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood, and found/recycled materials have three months to decide if they make crafty sculpture or sculptural craft. Applications are due on March 15.
also by Paula Newton
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016
- El Paso Artist Opens His Kosher Taco Art Project For One Night - August 19th, 2016
- The Last Ten Days of Austin’s Changarrito Project - August 18th, 2016