The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is now accepting artist applications for CraftTexas 2014, the eighth in a series of juried exhibitions showcasing Texas-made contemporary craft. The show, which opens in late September, will be juried by Carol Sauvion of the PBS series Craft in America, Piero Fenci, Ceramics Department Head, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Clint Willour, Curator of the Galveston Arts Center.
Texas artists who work in clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood, and found/recycled materials have three months to decide if they make crafty sculpture or sculptural craft. Applications are due on March 15.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015