The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is now accepting artist applications for CraftTexas 2014, the eighth in a series of juried exhibitions showcasing Texas-made contemporary craft. The show, which opens in late September, will be juried by Carol Sauvion of the PBS series Craft in America, Piero Fenci, Ceramics Department Head, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Clint Willour, Curator of the Galveston Arts Center.
Texas artists who work in clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood, and found/recycled materials have three months to decide if they make crafty sculpture or sculptural craft. Applications are due on March 15.
also by Paula Newton
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016