The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is now accepting artist applications for CraftTexas 2014, the eighth in a series of juried exhibitions showcasing Texas-made contemporary craft. The show, which opens in late September, will be juried by Carol Sauvion of the PBS series Craft in America, Piero Fenci, Ceramics Department Head, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Clint Willour, Curator of the Galveston Arts Center.
Texas artists who work in clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood, and found/recycled materials have three months to decide if they make crafty sculpture or sculptural craft. Applications are due on March 15.
also by Paula Newton
- This Week: Houston! Next Week: Marfa! - September 30th, 2016
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016