The Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is now accepting artist applications for CraftTexas 2014, the eighth in a series of juried exhibitions showcasing Texas-made contemporary craft. The show, which opens in late September, will be juried by Carol Sauvion of the PBS series Craft in America, Piero Fenci, Ceramics Department Head, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Clint Willour, Curator of the Galveston Arts Center.
Texas artists who work in clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood, and found/recycled materials have three months to decide if they make crafty sculpture or sculptural craft. Applications are due on March 15.
also by Paula Newton
- Contemporary Art Museum Plainview Trying to Get Ready to Open - June 28th, 2017
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017