Some museums hold events during which guests can weigh in on acquisitions for their collections, but these are usually restricted to high-level donors and the events are big fundraisers. Recently, the curatorial department at the El Paso Museum of Art studied its collection in order to identify gaps and decided it needed a work on paper by a contemporary Mexican artist. In late November, the museum put four works under consideration on display and allowed all its members to vote on their favorites. The people’s choice: Lotus Leaves by Gabriel Orozco.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015