A new web site launched today that provides artists with better bargains than a Black Friday sale—everything is free! Well, not free; ExchangeWorks is basically an online barter platform, but posting is free. Artists can upload images of work along with a proposal for what they would like in exchange for the art. Art lovers can post goods and services (such as airline mileage, studio space, photo sessions, art supplies, a spa day, or a banjo) they would like to offer in exchange for some original art.
It’s only day one of the site, which “brings people together to make practical and creative exchanges, while building sustainable practices,” but there is not yet any real activity from Texas (the banjo is a Chicago offer), although the major Texas cities are listed and waiting for art exchangers.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017