A new web site launched today that provides artists with better bargains than a Black Friday sale—everything is free! Well, not free; ExchangeWorks is basically an online barter platform, but posting is free. Artists can upload images of work along with a proposal for what they would like in exchange for the art. Art lovers can post goods and services (such as airline mileage, studio space, photo sessions, art supplies, a spa day, or a banjo) they would like to offer in exchange for some original art.
It’s only day one of the site, which “brings people together to make practical and creative exchanges, while building sustainable practices,” but there is not yet any real activity from Texas (the banjo is a Chicago offer), although the major Texas cities are listed and waiting for art exchangers.
also by Paula Newton
- Dead Dog’s Eyeballs! There’s a New Graphic Bio on Daniel Johnston - July 28th, 2016
- Where is Ana Mendieta? In Dallas! - July 27th, 2016
- Houston Artists! Get Ready for Art Market Season - July 26th, 2016
- Punk Out at the CAMH with the Mydolls - July 25th, 2016
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016