A selection of artists from the Texas Biennial will participate in the UNTITLED. art fair in Miami Beach, a satellite of Art Basel Miami Beach, this December. Now in its second year, UNTITLED. received a lot of positive press last year (Whitehot Magazine called the choice of lead curator Omar Lopez-Chahoud “nothing short of ingenious”).
The Texas Biennial will present work by four Texas-based artists: Christie Blizard (San Antonio), Marcelyn McNeil (Houston), Tom Orr (Dallas) and Brad Tucker (Austin). The Texas Biennial booth will also host A Clean, Well-Lighted Place, a participatory performance project featuring public readings of art criticism, originally launched in Austin. To explain what it all means, there will be a panel on the state of contemporary art in Texas with Amada Cruz (Executive Director, Artpace, San Antonio); Fairfax Dorn (Executive Director and co-founder, Ballroom Marfa); Virginia Rutledge (Curator-at-Large, Texas Biennial); and Jeremy Strick (Director, Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas).
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017