A selection of artists from the Texas Biennial will participate in the UNTITLED. art fair in Miami Beach, a satellite of Art Basel Miami Beach, this December. Now in its second year, UNTITLED. received a lot of positive press last year (Whitehot Magazine called the choice of lead curator Omar Lopez-Chahoud “nothing short of ingenious”).
The Texas Biennial will present work by four Texas-based artists: Christie Blizard (San Antonio), Marcelyn McNeil (Houston), Tom Orr (Dallas) and Brad Tucker (Austin). The Texas Biennial booth will also host A Clean, Well-Lighted Place, a participatory performance project featuring public readings of art criticism, originally launched in Austin. To explain what it all means, there will be a panel on the state of contemporary art in Texas with Amada Cruz (Executive Director, Artpace, San Antonio); Fairfax Dorn (Executive Director and co-founder, Ballroom Marfa); Virginia Rutledge (Curator-at-Large, Texas Biennial); and Jeremy Strick (Director, Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas).
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016
- Rienzi’s Founding Director to Retire - February 1st, 2016