A selection of artists from the Texas Biennial will participate in the UNTITLED. art fair in Miami Beach, a satellite of Art Basel Miami Beach, this December. Now in its second year, UNTITLED. received a lot of positive press last year (Whitehot Magazine called the choice of lead curator Omar Lopez-Chahoud “nothing short of ingenious”).
The Texas Biennial will present work by four Texas-based artists: Christie Blizard (San Antonio), Marcelyn McNeil (Houston), Tom Orr (Dallas) and Brad Tucker (Austin). The Texas Biennial booth will also host A Clean, Well-Lighted Place, a participatory performance project featuring public readings of art criticism, originally launched in Austin. To explain what it all means, there will be a panel on the state of contemporary art in Texas with Amada Cruz (Executive Director, Artpace, San Antonio); Fairfax Dorn (Executive Director and co-founder, Ballroom Marfa); Virginia Rutledge (Curator-at-Large, Texas Biennial); and Jeremy Strick (Director, Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas).
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016