The Board of Directors of San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum has announced a search for a permanent Executive Director to begin immediately. Steven Evans, former director of the Linda Pace Foundation, was named consulting manager of the art space in June, after long-time director Bill FitzGibbons stepped down after ten years. At the time, the board chairman said Evans was a candidate to replace FitzGibbons, according to Elda Silva’s Art Beat blog in the San Antonio Express-News.
Whatever is going on at Blue Star, no one runs screaming from the building; FitzGibbons remains at the museum as Director of Special Projects and Evans will continue through the transition as consulting manager until the executive position is filled.
also by Paula Newton
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017