The Board of Directors of San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum has announced a search for a permanent Executive Director to begin immediately. Steven Evans, former director of the Linda Pace Foundation, was named consulting manager of the art space in June, after long-time director Bill FitzGibbons stepped down after ten years. At the time, the board chairman said Evans was a candidate to replace FitzGibbons, according to Elda Silva’s Art Beat blog in the San Antonio Express-News.
Whatever is going on at Blue Star, no one runs screaming from the building; FitzGibbons remains at the museum as Director of Special Projects and Evans will continue through the transition as consulting manager until the executive position is filled.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017