The Board of Directors of San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum has announced a search for a permanent Executive Director to begin immediately. Steven Evans, former director of the Linda Pace Foundation, was named consulting manager of the art space in June, after long-time director Bill FitzGibbons stepped down after ten years. At the time, the board chairman said Evans was a candidate to replace FitzGibbons, according to Elda Silva’s Art Beat blog in the San Antonio Express-News.
Whatever is going on at Blue Star, no one runs screaming from the building; FitzGibbons remains at the museum as Director of Special Projects and Evans will continue through the transition as consulting manager until the executive position is filled.
also by Paula Newton
- Dancing With the Czars - August 30th, 2016
- Lisa Cooley Gallery is Now Closed - August 29th, 2016
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016