The Board of Directors of San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum has announced a search for a permanent Executive Director to begin immediately. Steven Evans, former director of the Linda Pace Foundation, was named consulting manager of the art space in June, after long-time director Bill FitzGibbons stepped down after ten years. At the time, the board chairman said Evans was a candidate to replace FitzGibbons, according to Elda Silva’s Art Beat blog in the San Antonio Express-News.
Whatever is going on at Blue Star, no one runs screaming from the building; FitzGibbons remains at the museum as Director of Special Projects and Evans will continue through the transition as consulting manager until the executive position is filled.
also by Paula Newton
- Contemporary Art Museum Plainview Trying to Get Ready to Open - June 28th, 2017
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017