The Board of Directors of San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum has announced a search for a permanent Executive Director to begin immediately. Steven Evans, former director of the Linda Pace Foundation, was named consulting manager of the art space in June, after long-time director Bill FitzGibbons stepped down after ten years. At the time, the board chairman said Evans was a candidate to replace FitzGibbons, according to Elda Silva’s Art Beat blog in the San Antonio Express-News.
Whatever is going on at Blue Star, no one runs screaming from the building; FitzGibbons remains at the museum as Director of Special Projects and Evans will continue through the transition as consulting manager until the executive position is filled.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017