The Board of Directors of San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum has announced a search for a permanent Executive Director to begin immediately. Steven Evans, former director of the Linda Pace Foundation, was named consulting manager of the art space in June, after long-time director Bill FitzGibbons stepped down after ten years. At the time, the board chairman said Evans was a candidate to replace FitzGibbons, according to Elda Silva’s Art Beat blog in the San Antonio Express-News.
Whatever is going on at Blue Star, no one runs screaming from the building; FitzGibbons remains at the museum as Director of Special Projects and Evans will continue through the transition as consulting manager until the executive position is filled.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016