The Dallas Museum of Art has announced that Jacqueline W. Franey has been named DMA’s Director of Development. (There are still those confused by the term “development,” although many some museums are starting to replace the phrase with even more ambitiously vague job titles. It usually refers to the development of museum donors, fundraising and membership. A development director is comparable to a CFO or treasurer, and works hand-in-hand with the executive director.)
Franey comes to the DMA with more than 20 years of fundraising and philanthropic gift planning experience, most recently as Sales Director of Planned Giving at BNY Mellon Wealth Management in Dallas, with prior service at three major nonprofit institutions based in Dallas, including the Communities Foundation of Texas. Franey will begin her new position on December 9.
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016