It’s chilly and rainy in both Houston and Austin, but adventurous art lovers with thick socks and warm scarves will be sticking their cold noses into artists’ studios today. The 21st annual Artcrawl Houston takes place today from 10 am-9 pm, during which more than 150 artists and arts organizations in the original cluster of artists’ warehouses in downtown Houston open their doors, offering up art, casual conversation, and beverages (any hot cocoa?). In Austin, it’s the second and final weekend of Big Medium’s 12th East Austin Studio Tour (EAST). Today and tomorrow, from 11 am-6 pm, artists in studio spaces all across East Austin are waiting to welcome some curious company.
also by Paula Newton
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017