It’s chilly and rainy in both Houston and Austin, but adventurous art lovers with thick socks and warm scarves will be sticking their cold noses into artists’ studios today. The 21st annual Artcrawl Houston takes place today from 10 am-9 pm, during which more than 150 artists and arts organizations in the original cluster of artists’ warehouses in downtown Houston open their doors, offering up art, casual conversation, and beverages (any hot cocoa?). In Austin, it’s the second and final weekend of Big Medium’s 12th East Austin Studio Tour (EAST). Today and tomorrow, from 11 am-6 pm, artists in studio spaces all across East Austin are waiting to welcome some curious company.
also by Paula Newton
- Lisa Cooley Gallery is Now Closed - August 29th, 2016
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016