It’s chilly and rainy in both Houston and Austin, but adventurous art lovers with thick socks and warm scarves will be sticking their cold noses into artists’ studios today. The 21st annual Artcrawl Houston takes place today from 10 am-9 pm, during which more than 150 artists and arts organizations in the original cluster of artists’ warehouses in downtown Houston open their doors, offering up art, casual conversation, and beverages (any hot cocoa?). In Austin, it’s the second and final weekend of Big Medium’s 12th East Austin Studio Tour (EAST). Today and tomorrow, from 11 am-6 pm, artists in studio spaces all across East Austin are waiting to welcome some curious company.
also by Paula Newton
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015
- A Public Memorial and Tribute to Jesús Moroles - October 1st, 2015
- First it was Bernie Sanders, Now it’s Art League Houston! - September 30th, 2015
- Newcomers Make Up Almost All of the ArtPrize Shortlist and One is a Houston Artist! - September 29th, 2015
- It’s That Butter Sculpture Time of Year! - September 28th, 2015