The University of North Texas and College of Visual Arts and Design (CVAD) is opening ArtSpace Dallas, a gallery that will showcase works of CVAD’s students, faculty and renowned alumni, presenting “experimental, pivotal and breakthrough projects.” The facility formerly housed Fashion on Main, which was the exhibition space for UNT’s Texas Fashion Collection. ArtSpace Dallas will continue to feature pieces from its collection of 18,000 pieces of historic fashion and accessories.
The new gallery is meant to serve as a bridge between the Denton university and the Dallas arts and civic community. Gallery openings will be coordinated with the openings of the galleries in nearby Deep Ellum. The inaugural exhibition of UNT Artspace Dallas will feature works created by four faculty fellows of the UNT Institute for the Advancement of the Arts: Dornith Doherty, Vincent Falsetta, Robert Jessup, and Lesli Robertson. The exhibition will open December 5 and a grand opening for the gallery is planned for February.
also by Paula Newton
- This Week: Houston! Next Week: Marfa! - September 30th, 2016
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016