Last week, Peruvian actor and environmental activist Richard Torres married a tree in Buenos Aires, Argentina, reports the Huffington Post. As part of Torres’s attempt to spread environmental awareness across Latin America, the activist married his first tree in June in his native Peru, at which time the groom declared, “My marriage will be eternal and I will make love with all the trees, hugging them I will feel their energy.”
Unlike the more traditional ceremony performed for The Art Guys Marry a Plant, which took place in June 2009 at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s Sculpture Garden, the Argentinean ceremony, officiated by Argentinian artist José María Muscari, seemed to involve offerings of fruit, a little cash, and some hand-washing, all followed by enthusiastic hugging and kissing.
also by Paula Newton
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017
- Death of the Cool: Barkley Hendricks, 1945-2017 - April 19th, 2017
- Performance Art Works Both Ways - April 18th, 2017