Last week, Peruvian actor and environmental activist Richard Torres married a tree in Buenos Aires, Argentina, reports the Huffington Post. As part of Torres’s attempt to spread environmental awareness across Latin America, the activist married his first tree in June in his native Peru, at which time the groom declared, “My marriage will be eternal and I will make love with all the trees, hugging them I will feel their energy.”
Unlike the more traditional ceremony performed for The Art Guys Marry a Plant, which took place in June 2009 at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s Sculpture Garden, the Argentinean ceremony, officiated by Argentinian artist José María Muscari, seemed to involve offerings of fruit, a little cash, and some hand-washing, all followed by enthusiastic hugging and kissing.
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016