The Houston Art Alliance (HAA) will present an installation of suspended, sculptural works by the late Lee Littlefield at the Central Houston Public Library’s first floor gallery. Is that near the arts section, the horror-comedy section (Littlefield described his own work as “between reality and the Little Shop of Horrors”), the section on local horticulture (he was inspired by the bayous) or the children’s section (his color palette was often referred to as “Seussian.”)?
Patrick Renner’s temporary public installation, Funnel Tunnel, currently on view on the median across from HAA was dedicated to Littlefield, who died this past June. The library exhibition, entitled Speak, will open with a public reception on Wednesday, November 20, from 5-6 pm, and will remain on view through Saturday, January 18, 2014.
also by Paula Newton
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016