The Houston Art Alliance (HAA) will present an installation of suspended, sculptural works by the late Lee Littlefield at the Central Houston Public Library’s first floor gallery. Is that near the arts section, the horror-comedy section (Littlefield described his own work as “between reality and the Little Shop of Horrors”), the section on local horticulture (he was inspired by the bayous) or the children’s section (his color palette was often referred to as “Seussian.”)?
Patrick Renner’s temporary public installation, Funnel Tunnel, currently on view on the median across from HAA was dedicated to Littlefield, who died this past June. The library exhibition, entitled Speak, will open with a public reception on Wednesday, November 20, from 5-6 pm, and will remain on view through Saturday, January 18, 2014.
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015