It’s been over a decade since a metal plate fell off the wall of a County Records building in Dallas, exposing the remnants of a “White Only” sign over a public water fountain. For almost as long, artist Lauren Woods has been working to turn the site into a multimedia art installation (for more history and project description, read previous Glasstire story here). Woods’ patience, perseverance, and fundraising have finally paid off—at noon today, A Dallas Drinking Fountain Project will be officially unveiled at the Dallas County Records Building, 509 Main Street, #200.
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016