It’s been over a decade since a metal plate fell off the wall of a County Records building in Dallas, exposing the remnants of a “White Only” sign over a public water fountain. For almost as long, artist Lauren Woods has been working to turn the site into a multimedia art installation (for more history and project description, read previous Glasstire story here). Woods’ patience, perseverance, and fundraising have finally paid off—at noon today, A Dallas Drinking Fountain Project will be officially unveiled at the Dallas County Records Building, 509 Main Street, #200.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016
- Rienzi’s Founding Director to Retire - February 1st, 2016