It’s been over a decade since a metal plate fell off the wall of a County Records building in Dallas, exposing the remnants of a “White Only” sign over a public water fountain. For almost as long, artist Lauren Woods has been working to turn the site into a multimedia art installation (for more history and project description, read previous Glasstire story here). Woods’ patience, perseverance, and fundraising have finally paid off—at noon today, A Dallas Drinking Fountain Project will be officially unveiled at the Dallas County Records Building, 509 Main Street, #200.
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016