It’s been over a decade since a metal plate fell off the wall of a County Records building in Dallas, exposing the remnants of a “White Only” sign over a public water fountain. For almost as long, artist Lauren Woods has been working to turn the site into a multimedia art installation (for more history and project description, read previous Glasstire story here). Woods’ patience, perseverance, and fundraising have finally paid off—at noon today, A Dallas Drinking Fountain Project will be officially unveiled at the Dallas County Records Building, 509 Main Street, #200.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016