It’s been over a decade since a metal plate fell off the wall of a County Records building in Dallas, exposing the remnants of a “White Only” sign over a public water fountain. For almost as long, artist Lauren Woods has been working to turn the site into a multimedia art installation (for more history and project description, read previous Glasstire story here). Woods’ patience, perseverance, and fundraising have finally paid off—at noon today, A Dallas Drinking Fountain Project will be officially unveiled at the Dallas County Records Building, 509 Main Street, #200.
also by Paula Newton
- Dancing With the Czars - August 30th, 2016
- Lisa Cooley Gallery is Now Closed - August 29th, 2016
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016