Everyone should have seen the Gaga/Koons collaboration coming from miles away, but now it’s official. Last night, Lady Gaga and Jeff Koons hosted an “ArtRave” extravaganza party, showing work by experimental director/playwright/artist Robert Wilson, photographers Inez and Vindoodh, and performance artist Marina Abramović. According to Complex Art+Design, a group of new works by Koons were also unveiled, including the gigantic image that is featured on the singer’s new album cover.
And, in today’s “Life” section of USA Today, the famous blue dot logo is replaced by one designed by Gaga and Koons. USA Today says that the two are first guest contributors to design a logo for the newspaper. In reporting this story, Digital Arts felt compelled to put quotation marks around “guest contributors,” adding its own interpretation that it’s “the first time the dot has been given over to a commercial campaign.”
also by Paula Newton
- UT Fine Arts Includes Student Input to Expand Diversity - September 26th, 2017
- The Italians are Coming to Sugar Land - September 25th, 2017
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- New Curator of Asian Art at MFAH - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017