Everyone should have seen the Gaga/Koons collaboration coming from miles away, but now it’s official. Last night, Lady Gaga and Jeff Koons hosted an “ArtRave” extravaganza party, showing work by experimental director/playwright/artist Robert Wilson, photographers Inez and Vindoodh, and performance artist Marina Abramović. According to Complex Art+Design, a group of new works by Koons were also unveiled, including the gigantic image that is featured on the singer’s new album cover.
And, in today’s “Life” section of USA Today, the famous blue dot logo is replaced by one designed by Gaga and Koons. USA Today says that the two are first guest contributors to design a logo for the newspaper. In reporting this story, Digital Arts felt compelled to put quotation marks around “guest contributors,” adding its own interpretation that it’s “the first time the dot has been given over to a commercial campaign.”
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017