Everyone should have seen the Gaga/Koons collaboration coming from miles away, but now it’s official. Last night, Lady Gaga and Jeff Koons hosted an “ArtRave” extravaganza party, showing work by experimental director/playwright/artist Robert Wilson, photographers Inez and Vindoodh, and performance artist Marina Abramović. According to Complex Art+Design, a group of new works by Koons were also unveiled, including the gigantic image that is featured on the singer’s new album cover.
And, in today’s “Life” section of USA Today, the famous blue dot logo is replaced by one designed by Gaga and Koons. USA Today says that the two are first guest contributors to design a logo for the newspaper. In reporting this story, Digital Arts felt compelled to put quotation marks around “guest contributors,” adding its own interpretation that it’s “the first time the dot has been given over to a commercial campaign.”
also by Paula Newton
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015
- A Public Memorial and Tribute to Jesús Moroles - October 1st, 2015
- First it was Bernie Sanders, Now it’s Art League Houston! - September 30th, 2015