Northern-Southern (at 1800 Koenig Lane) will hosts it inaugural exhibition, LUCK, this Friday, November 15, from 6-10 pm. Northern-Southern isn’t exactly a new gallery; it’s a new design consultancy firm that plans on hosting thematic exhibitions as part of their ongoing practice. It also seems to plan on mixing the local with the national—four of the nine cross-disciplinary artists included in LUCK are from Austin.
LUCK is a hopeful title for a first venture, but keep an eye out for more binary titles to match the firm’s name. Northern-Southern partner Phillip Niemeyer recently guest-curated Red Left Blue Right at Austin’s grayDuck gallery.
also by Paula Newton
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016