Oklahoma University (OU) announced that Emily Ballew Neff will be the new director of OU’s Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art, pending approval by the OU Board of Regents, according to a recent article in The Oklahoma Daily. If approved, Neff will assume the position in January.
Neff was the founding curator of American painting and sculpture at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH), where she has served as curator since 1997. She recently mounted the MFAH’s current exhibition American Adversaries: West and Copley in a Transatlantic World, as well as last year’s American Made: 250 Years of American Art at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Neff holds a B.A. in art history from Yale University, an M.A. in art history from Rice University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin. She is also the current president of the Association of Art Museum Curators.
also by Paula Newton
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015
- Moving Sale! Start Your Own Art Space - November 19th, 2015
- Detroit Collective Brings Post-Apocalyptic, Sci-Fi, Interactive, Social Justice, Music and Light Show to Dallas. Inside a Pod. - November 18th, 2015