Former President George W. Bush’s newfound painting talents have already moved him from his “self-portraits in the shower” phase to portraits of dogs and cats (and a few landscapes). Now, according to the New York Times, he plans to produce portraits of 19 foreign presidents and prime ministers he worked with during his time in the White House. In a recent article in the UK’s The Telegraph, the British seem quite anxious to view the famous amateur’s rendition of Tony Blair.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016