Former President George W. Bush’s newfound painting talents have already moved him from his “self-portraits in the shower” phase to portraits of dogs and cats (and a few landscapes). Now, according to the New York Times, he plans to produce portraits of 19 foreign presidents and prime ministers he worked with during his time in the White House. In a recent article in the UK’s The Telegraph, the British seem quite anxious to view the famous amateur’s rendition of Tony Blair.
also by Paula Newton
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017