On Tuesday evening (October 29, 6 pm), the Menil Collection will host a conversation between Belgian artist Luc Tuymans, whose new exhibition Nice. Luc Tuymans is on view at the Menil through January 5th, and Bret Easton Ellis, author of American Psycho and Less Than Zero. Apparently the two men have never met, but the Menil is counting on a shared aesthetic (“dark and darkly humorous”) to spark some interesting dialogue.
The public program is free, but tickets are required. Unfortunately, by the time most of the public heard about it, the tickets were all taken. No worries, according to the Menil, who is trying to encourage people to bring picnic blankets and camp out near the outdoor speakers.
also by Paula Newton
- Just in Time for the Holidays: Art About Anxiety, Stress, and Neuroses - November 30th, 2015
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015