On Tuesday evening (October 29, 6 pm), the Menil Collection will host a conversation between Belgian artist Luc Tuymans, whose new exhibition Nice. Luc Tuymans is on view at the Menil through January 5th, and Bret Easton Ellis, author of American Psycho and Less Than Zero. Apparently the two men have never met, but the Menil is counting on a shared aesthetic (“dark and darkly humorous”) to spark some interesting dialogue.
The public program is free, but tickets are required. Unfortunately, by the time most of the public heard about it, the tickets were all taken. No worries, according to the Menil, who is trying to encourage people to bring picnic blankets and camp out near the outdoor speakers.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016
- Mel Chin Raises Funds for Film About Climate Change (with an Inuit Hunter and Poodles in Paris) - May 18th, 2016