On Tuesday evening (October 29, 6 pm), the Menil Collection will host a conversation between Belgian artist Luc Tuymans, whose new exhibition Nice. Luc Tuymans is on view at the Menil through January 5th, and Bret Easton Ellis, author of American Psycho and Less Than Zero. Apparently the two men have never met, but the Menil is counting on a shared aesthetic (“dark and darkly humorous”) to spark some interesting dialogue.
The public program is free, but tickets are required. Unfortunately, by the time most of the public heard about it, the tickets were all taken. No worries, according to the Menil, who is trying to encourage people to bring picnic blankets and camp out near the outdoor speakers.
also by Paula Newton
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015