Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 cycle of artists-in-residence at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC). 5-10 residencies are awarded each year for lengths of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
It’s a pretty good deal: a nice studio, a $500 monthly stipend, and a small materials/housing allowance. There are also teaching opportunities, meetings with curators and gallerists, and the chance to hang out with fellow residents and hash out that “art versus craft” debate one more time!
also by Paula Newton
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017