Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 cycle of artists-in-residence at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC). 5-10 residencies are awarded each year for lengths of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
It’s a pretty good deal: a nice studio, a $500 monthly stipend, and a small materials/housing allowance. There are also teaching opportunities, meetings with curators and gallerists, and the chance to hang out with fellow residents and hash out that “art versus craft” debate one more time!
also by Paula Newton
- Dead Dog’s Eyeballs! There’s a New Graphic Bio on Daniel Johnston - July 28th, 2016
- Where is Ana Mendieta? In Dallas! - July 27th, 2016
- Houston Artists! Get Ready for Art Market Season - July 26th, 2016
- Punk Out at the CAMH with the Mydolls - July 25th, 2016
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016