Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 cycle of artists-in-residence at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC). 5-10 residencies are awarded each year for lengths of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
It’s a pretty good deal: a nice studio, a $500 monthly stipend, and a small materials/housing allowance. There are also teaching opportunities, meetings with curators and gallerists, and the chance to hang out with fellow residents and hash out that “art versus craft” debate one more time!
also by Paula Newton
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017
- First Texas Latino Comic Con is Coming to Dallas - July 19th, 2017
- Grafitti Now Attracts the Genteel Crowd - July 18th, 2017
- Funeral Home Gets into the Installation Art Biz - July 17th, 2017