Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 cycle of artists-in-residence at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC). 5-10 residencies are awarded each year for lengths of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
It’s a pretty good deal: a nice studio, a $500 monthly stipend, and a small materials/housing allowance. There are also teaching opportunities, meetings with curators and gallerists, and the chance to hang out with fellow residents and hash out that “art versus craft” debate one more time!
also by Paula Newton
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015
- Moving Sale! Start Your Own Art Space - November 19th, 2015