Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 cycle of artists-in-residence at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC). 5-10 residencies are awarded each year for lengths of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
It’s a pretty good deal: a nice studio, a $500 monthly stipend, and a small materials/housing allowance. There are also teaching opportunities, meetings with curators and gallerists, and the chance to hang out with fellow residents and hash out that “art versus craft” debate one more time!
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016