Houston hosted the Zine Fest Houston just weekend before last, and now there are two upcoming book fairs in as many weeks so, apparently, some Texans still read, write, and collect books.
The Texas Book Festival will take place this weekend, October 26-27, at the Austin State Capital and grounds, with a few events slightly off-site. (There’s something called “The Literary Death Match,” with four contestants, including Jonathan Lethem, at the Paramount Theatre.) There will be more than 225 authors at panel discussions, readings, and signings.
Even nerdier is the Eleventh Annual Houston Book Fair that takes place two weeks later on Saturday, November 9, at the Museum of Printing History. With fewer authors and events, this fair focuses on the books themselves—from moderately priced used books to rare and collectible volumes. It’s definitely not trying to lure hardcore e-book readers in its press release description: “Engage your senses with the smell of aged books, the touch of printed pages, and the crackling sound of well worn spines.”
also by Paula Newton
- Memorial Weekend: Oragami, Peace, and Granted Wishes! - May 27th, 2016
- More Projected Art! This Time in Dallas - May 26th, 2016
- New Menil PR Director: Beyoncé - May 25th, 2016
- Austin: The People Speak! - May 24th, 2016
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016