Yesterday, Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center officially opened the ten newly-commissioned public sculptures in its 10th anniversary celebratory exhibition Nasher XChange and, today, it is throwing a big party with “10+ Day.” There is free admission from 10 am to 10 pm, a day jam-packed with activities.
Beginning with yoga and free coffee to cake and free tours, there will be a mid-afternoon panel discussion on public art with Curator Jed Morse; Project Manager Stephen Ross; Rochelle Steiner, Dean of Roski School of Fine Arts; and Peter Simek, Arts Editor of D Magazine. The evening is filled with wine, cocktails, DJs and live music.
For those who want to venture out into the city and check out the ten new installations, the Nasher has created an iPhone app with maps, directions, and information about the pieces.
also by Paula Newton
- Off to a Good Start! Moody Center Announces Inaugural Schedule of Artists - October 28th, 2016
- Tate Hires Houston Curator - October 27th, 2016
- Dallas Curator Named One of “Twenty Most Influential” - October 26th, 2016
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016