Yesterday, Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center officially opened the ten newly-commissioned public sculptures in its 10th anniversary celebratory exhibition Nasher XChange and, today, it is throwing a big party with “10+ Day.” There is free admission from 10 am to 10 pm, a day jam-packed with activities.
Beginning with yoga and free coffee to cake and free tours, there will be a mid-afternoon panel discussion on public art with Curator Jed Morse; Project Manager Stephen Ross; Rochelle Steiner, Dean of Roski School of Fine Arts; and Peter Simek, Arts Editor of D Magazine. The evening is filled with wine, cocktails, DJs and live music.
For those who want to venture out into the city and check out the ten new installations, the Nasher has created an iPhone app with maps, directions, and information about the pieces.
also by Paula Newton
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015