Yesterday, Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center officially opened the ten newly-commissioned public sculptures in its 10th anniversary celebratory exhibition Nasher XChange and, today, it is throwing a big party with “10+ Day.” There is free admission from 10 am to 10 pm, a day jam-packed with activities.
Beginning with yoga and free coffee to cake and free tours, there will be a mid-afternoon panel discussion on public art with Curator Jed Morse; Project Manager Stephen Ross; Rochelle Steiner, Dean of Roski School of Fine Arts; and Peter Simek, Arts Editor of D Magazine. The evening is filled with wine, cocktails, DJs and live music.
For those who want to venture out into the city and check out the ten new installations, the Nasher has created an iPhone app with maps, directions, and information about the pieces.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017