Yesterday, Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center officially opened the ten newly-commissioned public sculptures in its 10th anniversary celebratory exhibition Nasher XChange and, today, it is throwing a big party with “10+ Day.” There is free admission from 10 am to 10 pm, a day jam-packed with activities.
Beginning with yoga and free coffee to cake and free tours, there will be a mid-afternoon panel discussion on public art with Curator Jed Morse; Project Manager Stephen Ross; Rochelle Steiner, Dean of Roski School of Fine Arts; and Peter Simek, Arts Editor of D Magazine. The evening is filled with wine, cocktails, DJs and live music.
For those who want to venture out into the city and check out the ten new installations, the Nasher has created an iPhone app with maps, directions, and information about the pieces.
also by Paula Newton
- Waltz Across Texas with Frank Stella - July 22nd, 2016
- Finally!!! Cat Art Comes to Dallas - July 21st, 2016
- Study Shows That Art Helps You Grow Up - July 19th, 2016
- Land Art, Renewable Energy, and Aesthetics - July 18th, 2016
- Contemporary Austin Announces Gigantic Artist Prize - July 15th, 2016