Yesterday, Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center officially opened the ten newly-commissioned public sculptures in its 10th anniversary celebratory exhibition Nasher XChange and, today, it is throwing a big party with “10+ Day.” There is free admission from 10 am to 10 pm, a day jam-packed with activities.
Beginning with yoga and free coffee to cake and free tours, there will be a mid-afternoon panel discussion on public art with Curator Jed Morse; Project Manager Stephen Ross; Rochelle Steiner, Dean of Roski School of Fine Arts; and Peter Simek, Arts Editor of D Magazine. The evening is filled with wine, cocktails, DJs and live music.
For those who want to venture out into the city and check out the ten new installations, the Nasher has created an iPhone app with maps, directions, and information about the pieces.
also by Paula Newton
- Contemporary Art Museum Plainview Trying to Get Ready to Open - June 28th, 2017
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017