Houston’s Menil Collection will be opening a much-needed museum café, designed by Stern and Bucek Architects and operated by restaurateur Greg Martin, in its 30-acre “neighborhood of art.” Everything is all in place for the café to open next year, except for the actual name of the restaurant. In an uncharacteristically populist move, the Menil is launching the “Café Name Game.” Suggestions will be accepted until November 25 at CafeNameGame@Menil.org. The winner will be announced on January 6 and will receive a table for two at the VIP preview luncheon.
also by Paula Newton
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016
- Mel Chin Raises Funds for Film About Climate Change (with an Inuit Hunter and Poodles in Paris) - May 18th, 2016
- Happy National Coverage of the CAMH - May 17th, 2016