Houston’s Menil Collection will be opening a much-needed museum café, designed by Stern and Bucek Architects and operated by restaurateur Greg Martin, in its 30-acre “neighborhood of art.” Everything is all in place for the café to open next year, except for the actual name of the restaurant. In an uncharacteristically populist move, the Menil is launching the “Café Name Game.” Suggestions will be accepted until November 25 at CafeNameGame@Menil.org. The winner will be announced on January 6 and will receive a table for two at the VIP preview luncheon.
also by Paula Newton
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016
- El Paso Artist Opens His Kosher Taco Art Project For One Night - August 19th, 2016
- The Last Ten Days of Austin’s Changarrito Project - August 18th, 2016