Houston’s Menil Collection will be opening a much-needed museum café, designed by Stern and Bucek Architects and operated by restaurateur Greg Martin, in its 30-acre “neighborhood of art.” Everything is all in place for the café to open next year, except for the actual name of the restaurant. In an uncharacteristically populist move, the Menil is launching the “Café Name Game.” Suggestions will be accepted until November 25 at CafeNameGame@Menil.org. The winner will be announced on January 6 and will receive a table for two at the VIP preview luncheon.
also by Paula Newton
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016