Houston’s Menil Collection will be opening a much-needed museum café, designed by Stern and Bucek Architects and operated by restaurateur Greg Martin, in its 30-acre “neighborhood of art.” Everything is all in place for the café to open next year, except for the actual name of the restaurant. In an uncharacteristically populist move, the Menil is launching the “Café Name Game.” Suggestions will be accepted until November 25 at CafeNameGame@Menil.org. The winner will be announced on January 6 and will receive a table for two at the VIP preview luncheon.
also by Paula Newton
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017
- Solange Calls Out the Museum World - September 14th, 2017
- YES! The Yes Men are Coming to Houston - September 13th, 2017
- South TX Museums Flock Together - September 12th, 2017