Houston’s Menil Collection will be opening a much-needed museum café, designed by Stern and Bucek Architects and operated by restaurateur Greg Martin, in its 30-acre “neighborhood of art.” Everything is all in place for the café to open next year, except for the actual name of the restaurant. In an uncharacteristically populist move, the Menil is launching the “Café Name Game.” Suggestions will be accepted until November 25 at CafeNameGame@Menil.org. The winner will be announced on January 6 and will receive a table for two at the VIP preview luncheon.
also by Paula Newton
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017
- Art League Houston Names New Director - May 19th, 2017