The Moss/Chumley Award has been handed out to an “outstanding” North Texas artist since 1995 and the Meadows Museum at SMU is accepting applications through Monday, November 4 for this year’s award. The Moss/Chumley Award is given in memory of Frank Moss and Jim Chumley, two Dallas art dealers active in the 1980s North Texas arts.
Applicants must have exhibited professionally for at least ten years and have a proven track record as an active community advocate for the visual arts. To be considered for the $1500 prize, the artist must reside in one of the following North Texas counties: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant or Wise. For an entry form, or to read the impressive list of past recipients, visit the Award’s webpage.
also by Paula Newton
- Post-Harvey Update: Rockport’s Birds and Rockport's Art - October 22nd, 2017
- Too Many Performance Art Choices in Austin - October 20th, 2017
- UT’s Ransom Center Has a New Art Curator - October 19th, 2017
- Dancers do Degas - October 18th, 2017
- The Obamas Choose Their Official Portraitists - October 17th, 2017