The Moss/Chumley Award has been handed out to an “outstanding” North Texas artist since 1995 and the Meadows Museum at SMU is accepting applications through Monday, November 4 for this year’s award. The Moss/Chumley Award is given in memory of Frank Moss and Jim Chumley, two Dallas art dealers active in the 1980s North Texas arts.
Applicants must have exhibited professionally for at least ten years and have a proven track record as an active community advocate for the visual arts. To be considered for the $1500 prize, the artist must reside in one of the following North Texas counties: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant or Wise. For an entry form, or to read the impressive list of past recipients, visit the Award’s webpage.
also by Paula Newton
- I Never Liked Art: Vito Acconci, 1940-2017 - April 29th, 2017
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017