The Moss/Chumley Award has been handed out to an “outstanding” North Texas artist since 1995 and the Meadows Museum at SMU is accepting applications through Monday, November 4 for this year’s award. The Moss/Chumley Award is given in memory of Frank Moss and Jim Chumley, two Dallas art dealers active in the 1980s North Texas arts.
Applicants must have exhibited professionally for at least ten years and have a proven track record as an active community advocate for the visual arts. To be considered for the $1500 prize, the artist must reside in one of the following North Texas counties: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant or Wise. For an entry form, or to read the impressive list of past recipients, visit the Award’s webpage.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016