The University of Texas at Austin will host an opening party for a temporary installation called Social Helium this afternoon from 2-4 pm at the West Mall Fountain. Its creators, Dan Cheetham of fyoog and Michelle Tarsney, will be on hand for the festivities. Social Helium is part of a multi-site installation, exhibition, and publication event called CURTAINS designed to “explore the use of fabrics in contemporary art and architecture,” presented by the Center for American Architecture and Design at the UT Austin (CAAD). The 18-foot tall curtain will be held up by huge helium balloons and illuminated every evening this week until it closes on the 18th.
also by Paula Newton
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015
- Moving Sale! Start Your Own Art Space - November 19th, 2015