The University of Texas at Austin will host an opening party for a temporary installation called Social Helium this afternoon from 2-4 pm at the West Mall Fountain. Its creators, Dan Cheetham of fyoog and Michelle Tarsney, will be on hand for the festivities. Social Helium is part of a multi-site installation, exhibition, and publication event called CURTAINS designed to “explore the use of fabrics in contemporary art and architecture,” presented by the Center for American Architecture and Design at the UT Austin (CAAD). The 18-foot tall curtain will be held up by huge helium balloons and illuminated every evening this week until it closes on the 18th.
also by Paula Newton
- PDNB Moving Again: Developers to Follow - February 9th, 2016
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016