The University of Texas at Austin will host an opening party for a temporary installation called Social Helium this afternoon from 2-4 pm at the West Mall Fountain. Its creators, Dan Cheetham of fyoog and Michelle Tarsney, will be on hand for the festivities. Social Helium is part of a multi-site installation, exhibition, and publication event called CURTAINS designed to “explore the use of fabrics in contemporary art and architecture,” presented by the Center for American Architecture and Design at the UT Austin (CAAD). The 18-foot tall curtain will be held up by huge helium balloons and illuminated every evening this week until it closes on the 18th.
also by Paula Newton
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015
- A Public Memorial and Tribute to Jesús Moroles - October 1st, 2015