The University of Texas at Austin will host an opening party for a temporary installation called Social Helium this afternoon from 2-4 pm at the West Mall Fountain. Its creators, Dan Cheetham of fyoog and Michelle Tarsney, will be on hand for the festivities. Social Helium is part of a multi-site installation, exhibition, and publication event called CURTAINS designed to “explore the use of fabrics in contemporary art and architecture,” presented by the Center for American Architecture and Design at the UT Austin (CAAD). The 18-foot tall curtain will be held up by huge helium balloons and illuminated every evening this week until it closes on the 18th.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017