This Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm, San Antonio’s Artpace will host its 10th annual Chalk It Up festival, where contemporary artists, novices, and kids all work together to turn an entire city block into a huge mural. There will be invited artists, school groups, and other inspired San Antonians crawling all over the pavement, creating chalk masterpieces. Organizers expect 20,000 to attend, in spite of the predicted chance of isolated thunderstorms. The event takes place on Houston Street, from Main Avenue to Jefferson Street.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017