This Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm, San Antonio’s Artpace will host its 10th annual Chalk It Up festival, where contemporary artists, novices, and kids all work together to turn an entire city block into a huge mural. There will be invited artists, school groups, and other inspired San Antonians crawling all over the pavement, creating chalk masterpieces. Organizers expect 20,000 to attend, in spite of the predicted chance of isolated thunderstorms. The event takes place on Houston Street, from Main Avenue to Jefferson Street.
also by Paula Newton
- Punk Rocker Mark Flood to Get Classical Treatment Tonight - May 5th, 2016
- Houston Art Fair Loses a Word and Gains an Attitude - May 4th, 2016
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016