This Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm, San Antonio’s Artpace will host its 10th annual Chalk It Up festival, where contemporary artists, novices, and kids all work together to turn an entire city block into a huge mural. There will be invited artists, school groups, and other inspired San Antonians crawling all over the pavement, creating chalk masterpieces. Organizers expect 20,000 to attend, in spite of the predicted chance of isolated thunderstorms. The event takes place on Houston Street, from Main Avenue to Jefferson Street.
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016