This Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm, San Antonio’s Artpace will host its 10th annual Chalk It Up festival, where contemporary artists, novices, and kids all work together to turn an entire city block into a huge mural. There will be invited artists, school groups, and other inspired San Antonians crawling all over the pavement, creating chalk masterpieces. Organizers expect 20,000 to attend, in spite of the predicted chance of isolated thunderstorms. The event takes place on Houston Street, from Main Avenue to Jefferson Street.
also by Paula Newton
- Study Reveals That Museums Show More Contemporary Art Than Ever - March 30th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Learn How to Get Money, or Put Your 2¢ In - March 29th, 2017
- Outsider Artsmarter Working From the Inside - March 28th, 2017
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017