La Reunion TX (LRTX) is looking for students and mentors to participate in its 7th annual Art Chic@s program. LRTX, a non-profit organization in west Oak Cliff that “connects art and artists to local and global communities,” hosts a fall program connecting Dallas artists/mentors with 9th-12th grade girls and boys interested in the arts. Mentors and young artists are encouraged to find inspiration from the outdoor workspace at La Reunion TX land for their final site-specific art installation.
An orientation is scheduled for mid-October; the final reception for friends, family, and public will take place in mid-November. There are separate daylong workshops for boys and girls with their artists/mentors. Interested artists are encouraged to fill out applications (selected artists receive a stipend and materials budget). There are separate applications for chicas and chicos.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017