This weekend, Arlington will host its first annual South Street Art Festival, showcasing tons of artists. There will be the requisite array of food trucks, beer, and live music, but to founder/organizer Steve Moya, it’s about art education for Arlington citizens and students from the University of Texas at Arlington. He told The Shorthorn, UTA’s newspaper, “Whether they’re into art or not, it exposes them to art they might not experience otherwise,” Moya said. “It’s a learning experience.”
If “first annual” isn’t enough to encourage optimistic art lovers to support the event, there’s also a Led Zeppelin tribute band.
also by Paula Newton
- Art School Musician: Terry Allen - February 10th, 2016
- PDNB Moving Again: Developers to Follow - February 9th, 2016
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016