This weekend, Arlington will host its first annual South Street Art Festival, showcasing tons of artists. There will be the requisite array of food trucks, beer, and live music, but to founder/organizer Steve Moya, it’s about art education for Arlington citizens and students from the University of Texas at Arlington. He told The Shorthorn, UTA’s newspaper, “Whether they’re into art or not, it exposes them to art they might not experience otherwise,” Moya said. “It’s a learning experience.”
If “first annual” isn’t enough to encourage optimistic art lovers to support the event, there’s also a Led Zeppelin tribute band.
also by Paula Newton
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016