This weekend, Arlington will host its first annual South Street Art Festival, showcasing tons of artists. There will be the requisite array of food trucks, beer, and live music, but to founder/organizer Steve Moya, it’s about art education for Arlington citizens and students from the University of Texas at Arlington. He told The Shorthorn, UTA’s newspaper, “Whether they’re into art or not, it exposes them to art they might not experience otherwise,” Moya said. “It’s a learning experience.”
If “first annual” isn’t enough to encourage optimistic art lovers to support the event, there’s also a Led Zeppelin tribute band.
also by Paula Newton
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016