This weekend, Arlington will host its first annual South Street Art Festival, showcasing tons of artists. There will be the requisite array of food trucks, beer, and live music, but to founder/organizer Steve Moya, it’s about art education for Arlington citizens and students from the University of Texas at Arlington. He told The Shorthorn, UTA’s newspaper, “Whether they’re into art or not, it exposes them to art they might not experience otherwise,” Moya said. “It’s a learning experience.”
If “first annual” isn’t enough to encourage optimistic art lovers to support the event, there’s also a Led Zeppelin tribute band.
also by Paula Newton
- Lisa Cooley Gallery is Now Closed - August 29th, 2016
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016