This weekend, Arlington will host its first annual South Street Art Festival, showcasing tons of artists. There will be the requisite array of food trucks, beer, and live music, but to founder/organizer Steve Moya, it’s about art education for Arlington citizens and students from the University of Texas at Arlington. He told The Shorthorn, UTA’s newspaper, “Whether they’re into art or not, it exposes them to art they might not experience otherwise,” Moya said. “It’s a learning experience.”
If “first annual” isn’t enough to encourage optimistic art lovers to support the event, there’s also a Led Zeppelin tribute band.
also by Paula Newton
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017