More than 40 institutions will participate in tomorrow’s 16th annual Austin Museum Day. There will be free admission to all participating museums and most will have special activities and presentations for the day.
The Contemporary Austin will be showing off its newly commissioned art by Liam Gillick and Marianne Vitale and the Blanton and Mexic-Arte will offer some hands-on art activities. But there are some pretty interesting presentations at other institutions: the Texas Department of Public Safety Historical Museum will host “Get-A-Clue,” an information-based scavenger hunt to learn how DPS responds to disasters and dangers; the Austin Facial Hair Club will be on hand at the O. Henry Museum to pay homage to O. Henry’s handlebar mustache; and the Austin History Center will have a presentation called “How to Prepare a Possum: 19th Century Cuisine in Austin.”
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016