More than 40 institutions will participate in tomorrow’s 16th annual Austin Museum Day. There will be free admission to all participating museums and most will have special activities and presentations for the day.
The Contemporary Austin will be showing off its newly commissioned art by Liam Gillick and Marianne Vitale and the Blanton and Mexic-Arte will offer some hands-on art activities. But there are some pretty interesting presentations at other institutions: the Texas Department of Public Safety Historical Museum will host “Get-A-Clue,” an information-based scavenger hunt to learn how DPS responds to disasters and dangers; the Austin Facial Hair Club will be on hand at the O. Henry Museum to pay homage to O. Henry’s handlebar mustache; and the Austin History Center will have a presentation called “How to Prepare a Possum: 19th Century Cuisine in Austin.”
also by Paula Newton
- Affordable Space for E.P. Artists! - June 30th, 2016
- Lucas Museum and Don Bacigalupi Ditch Chicago and Look to California - June 29th, 2016
- Fluxus Co-Founder Ben Patterson Dies at 82 - June 28th, 2016
- Spend Your Holiday Weekend in Rockport! - June 27th, 2016
- Maxwell Anderson Takes a Second Job - June 24th, 2016