While Dallas Cowboys fans are getting excited about tomorrow night’s season opener, those who actually attend the event will get a chance to see what’s new this year at the AT&T Stadium (formerly Cowboys Stadium) in Arlington: the most recent commission by the AT&T Stadium Art Collection. Alyson Shotz’s Crystalline Structure #2 now hangs from the ceiling outside the entrance to the Owners Club, reports Michael Granberry of the Dallas Morning News.
In fact, there’s a free AT&T Stadium Art App you can download before hitting the stadium. If you miss the game, you can come on Tuesdays and Thursdays for guided tours of the contemporary art collection, which includes large-scale installations by Matthew Ritchie, Annette Lawrence, and Olafur Eliasson. The tour might be preferable to trying to view the art during a game, as Ryan Sachetta recounted in a 2011 Glasstire article.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Annual Art Bazaar Returns - November 24th, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! - November 23rd, 2017
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017