While Dallas Cowboys fans are getting excited about tomorrow night’s season opener, those who actually attend the event will get a chance to see what’s new this year at the AT&T Stadium (formerly Cowboys Stadium) in Arlington: the most recent commission by the AT&T Stadium Art Collection. Alyson Shotz’s Crystalline Structure #2 now hangs from the ceiling outside the entrance to the Owners Club, reports Michael Granberry of the Dallas Morning News.
In fact, there’s a free AT&T Stadium Art App you can download before hitting the stadium. If you miss the game, you can come on Tuesdays and Thursdays for guided tours of the contemporary art collection, which includes large-scale installations by Matthew Ritchie, Annette Lawrence, and Olafur Eliasson. The tour might be preferable to trying to view the art during a game, as Ryan Sachetta recounted in a 2011 Glasstire article.
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015