As part of the Blaffer art Museum’s upcoming show Feast: Radical Hospitality in Contemporary Art, first-generation conceptual artist Tom Marioni will stage a series of events featuring free beer in his installation on the Blaffer’s second floor. Bill Davenport interviewed him this afternoon, and he spoke of relational aesthetics, beer as America’s sacramental wine, and the cyclical nature of fame.
Marioni’s installation, The Act of Drinking Beer With Friends is the Highest Form of Art, along with the rest of the exhibition, will be on view from September 7- December 7, 2013.
Free beer will be distributed by celebrity bartenders The Art Guys at the public opening on Friday, September 6, from 6-9 p.m., and also on October 3, and November 7, from 6-9 p.m. with bartenders Toby Kamps from the Menil Collection, and Blaffer Director Claudia Schmuckli.
also by Glasstire
- University of Houston Commissions Mural for New Stadium - November 28th, 2015
- Thanksgiving Top Five: November 26, 2015 - November 26th, 2015
- Announcing New Issue of Semigloss and Its Release Party - November 24th, 2015
- Party Pics: November 21 at BOX 13 ArtSpace, Houston - November 24th, 2015
- Ellsworth Kelly Sculpture Installed in Dallas Cowboy's AT&T Stadium - November 23rd, 2015