To find answers about what the Texas Biennial 2013 is, who the curators were, when and where the openings and other events will be, the Biennial web site has all the info. To answer the trickier question of why it even exists, the Glassell Studio School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston will host a public panel discussion called “Why a Texas Biennial?” this Saturday afternoon.
Glassell Studio School Associate Director Mary Leclere will moderate speakers David Pagel, Dario Robleto, Virginia Rutledge, Michelle White, and Clint Willour, four of whom served as Biennial curators. Pagel, Los Angeles art critic and associate professor at Claremont Graduate University, may serve as the only panelist not invested in a Texas art lovefest, but expect them all to address the reason for biennials in general, and expect a few audience members to be artists who weren’t selected this year to be posing some other “why” questions.
also by Paula Newton
- After Tonight, You TOO Can Be an Artist! - October 13th, 2015
- In the Hill Country: Good Old Fashioned Plein Air Painting - October 12th, 2015
- Apply Now for Round 8 Idea Fund $$$ - October 9th, 2015
- Michael Ray Charles Adds Installation to UT’s Landmark Collection - October 8th, 2015
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015