To find answers about what the Texas Biennial 2013 is, who the curators were, when and where the openings and other events will be, the Biennial web site has all the info. To answer the trickier question of why it even exists, the Glassell Studio School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston will host a public panel discussion called “Why a Texas Biennial?” this Saturday afternoon.
Glassell Studio School Associate Director Mary Leclere will moderate speakers David Pagel, Dario Robleto, Virginia Rutledge, Michelle White, and Clint Willour, four of whom served as Biennial curators. Pagel, Los Angeles art critic and associate professor at Claremont Graduate University, may serve as the only panelist not invested in a Texas art lovefest, but expect them all to address the reason for biennials in general, and expect a few audience members to be artists who weren’t selected this year to be posing some other “why” questions.
also by Paula Newton
- Punk Rocker Mark Flood to Get Classical Treatment Tonight - May 5th, 2016
- Houston Art Fair Loses a Word and Gains an Attitude - May 4th, 2016
- Fire at SA’s Casa Chuck! - May 3rd, 2016
- Houston Artist Padaric Kolander Wins 2016 Hunting Art Prize - May 2nd, 2016
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016