Artwork by Brent, a chimpanzee at Chimp Haven in Keithville, La.
Brent is 37 years old and has lived at Chimp Haven since 2006. He is protective of Grandma, Chimp Haven’s oldest resident. He loves to laugh and play. Brent paints only with his tongue. His unique approach and style, while a little unorthodox, results in beautiful pieces of art.
Keywords: chimp, art, contest
also by Paula Newton
- San Antonio Gallery Returns for Contemporary Art Month - March 7th, 2014
- Art History Prof Returns to Houston as New MFAH Educator - March 6th, 2014
- President Releases Arts Budget: Advocate Groups Freak - March 6th, 2014
- Hunting Art Prize Finalists Announced - March 5th, 2014
- Austin Cartoonist Becomes First Woman to Receive Herblock Prize - March 4th, 2014