Artwork by Brent, a chimpanzee at Chimp Haven in Keithville, La.
Brent is 37 years old and has lived at Chimp Haven since 2006. He is protective of Grandma, Chimp Haven’s oldest resident. He loves to laugh and play. Brent paints only with his tongue. His unique approach and style, while a little unorthodox, results in beautiful pieces of art.
Keywords: chimp, art, contest
also by Paula Newton
- Tonight! Austin to Learn About Placemaking, Fluxus, and Cat Videos - November 20th, 2014
- From Walmart to Star Wars: Former Texan Bacigalupi Makes a Big Move - November 19th, 2014
- Maybe Linda Pace Really is Irreplaceable! - November 18th, 2014
- Is It That Time Already? Fresh Arts to Host 9th Annual Holiday Art Market - November 17th, 2014
- Mellon Foundation Starts Curatorial Fellowship Program at MFAH and Four Other Major Museums - November 13th, 2014