Artwork by Brent, a chimpanzee at Chimp Haven in Keithville, La.
Brent is 37 years old and has lived at Chimp Haven since 2006. He is protective of Grandma, Chimp Haven’s oldest resident. He loves to laugh and play. Brent paints only with his tongue. His unique approach and style, while a little unorthodox, results in beautiful pieces of art.
Keywords: chimp, art, contest
also by Paula Newton
- Call for Entries: Big Show for Texas Craft Artists - December 9th, 2013
- The Guggenheim Goes to El Paso: Not a Blockbuster but a Mini-Series - December 9th, 2013
- Dallas Art Collector Tries to Skew Picasso Lottery - December 8th, 2013
- Another Presidential Artist Outed: The New Casualist Drawings of Bill Clinton - December 7th, 2013
- Secret Rothko Sale Goes Public and Everyone Goes to Trial - December 6th, 2013