The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston has found a replacement for recently retired Associate Director Gwen Goffe. Eric O. Anyah has been lured away from the Art Institute of Chicago and will begin his new role as MFAH’s chief financial officer in October.
At AIC, Anyah oversaw a successful $900 million endowment in addition to managing the organization’s $400 million capital campaign. This experience should come in handy for the MFAH’s upcoming major expansion project. Director Gary Tinterow states, “Eric is uniquely positioned to move the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, ahead in its financial planning as we embark on the Museum’s expansion and endowment campaigns.”
also by Paula Newton
- How to Fight Terrorism? Invest in the Arts - November 27th, 2015
- Have a Purrrrfect Thanksgiving! - November 26th, 2015
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015