With its first unveiling in June of this year, the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center launched its ARTboard program, putting up art billboards in the “spirit of keeping art accessible, approachable, and in the everyday life of San Antonio citizens.” Since the installation of Artboard #2, by Angel Rodriguez-Diaz, was postponed, San Antonians get a double dose of billboards this Friday. The unveiling reception for both Artboard #2 and Artboard #3, by Arturo Infante Almeida, will be August 23 from 5:30-8:30 pm at the Center’s La Casita building.
also by Paula Newton
- Chalk Across Texas With You - October 7th, 2015
- The People Have Spoken: No More Renoir! - October 6th, 2015
- David Adickes Sign Site of Documented Theft - October 5th, 2015
- It’s National Spinning and Weaving Week! - October 2nd, 2015
- A Public Memorial and Tribute to Jesús Moroles - October 1st, 2015