With its first unveiling in June of this year, the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center launched its ARTboard program, putting up art billboards in the “spirit of keeping art accessible, approachable, and in the everyday life of San Antonio citizens.” Since the installation of Artboard #2, by Angel Rodriguez-Diaz, was postponed, San Antonians get a double dose of billboards this Friday. The unveiling reception for both Artboard #2 and Artboard #3, by Arturo Infante Almeida, will be August 23 from 5:30-8:30 pm at the Center’s La Casita building.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017