With its first unveiling in June of this year, the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center launched its ARTboard program, putting up art billboards in the “spirit of keeping art accessible, approachable, and in the everyday life of San Antonio citizens.” Since the installation of Artboard #2, by Angel Rodriguez-Diaz, was postponed, San Antonians get a double dose of billboards this Friday. The unveiling reception for both Artboard #2 and Artboard #3, by Arturo Infante Almeida, will be August 23 from 5:30-8:30 pm at the Center’s La Casita building.
also by Paula Newton
- Aurora/Menil BYOB Rescheduled Date (Maybe) - May 23rd, 2016
- Menil Collection Names Former Intern as New Director - May 20th, 2016
- Two Ex-Texan Curators Chosen for Big-Time Positions - May 19th, 2016
- Mel Chin Raises Funds for Film About Climate Change (with an Inuit Hunter and Poodles in Paris) - May 18th, 2016
- Happy National Coverage of the CAMH - May 17th, 2016