With its first unveiling in June of this year, the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center launched its ARTboard program, putting up art billboards in the “spirit of keeping art accessible, approachable, and in the everyday life of San Antonio citizens.” Since the installation of Artboard #2, by Angel Rodriguez-Diaz, was postponed, San Antonians get a double dose of billboards this Friday. The unveiling reception for both Artboard #2 and Artboard #3, by Arturo Infante Almeida, will be August 23 from 5:30-8:30 pm at the Center’s La Casita building.
also by Paula Newton
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017