With its first unveiling in June of this year, the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center launched its ARTboard program, putting up art billboards in the “spirit of keeping art accessible, approachable, and in the everyday life of San Antonio citizens.” Since the installation of Artboard #2, by Angel Rodriguez-Diaz, was postponed, San Antonians get a double dose of billboards this Friday. The unveiling reception for both Artboard #2 and Artboard #3, by Arturo Infante Almeida, will be August 23 from 5:30-8:30 pm at the Center’s La Casita building.
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016