Those who may suspect that the artists chosen for the 2013 Texas Biennial might just be flukes can check out two exhibitions this weekend to decide if past participants have any staying power. On Friday night, Lawndale Art Center in Houston will present the Texas Biennial Invitational: Christie Blizard, Marcelyn McNeil, Tom Orr and Brad Tucker, featuring current works by four past biennial artists (two of whom were also selected this year). On Saturday night, New and Greatest Hits: Selected Work by Texas Biennial Artists 2005-2011, featuring current work by 26 past biennial artists, will open at Big Medium in Austin.
The actual 2013 Texas Biennial group survey exhibition will open September 5 at San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016