Those who may suspect that the artists chosen for the 2013 Texas Biennial might just be flukes can check out two exhibitions this weekend to decide if past participants have any staying power. On Friday night, Lawndale Art Center in Houston will present the Texas Biennial Invitational: Christie Blizard, Marcelyn McNeil, Tom Orr and Brad Tucker, featuring current works by four past biennial artists (two of whom were also selected this year). On Saturday night, New and Greatest Hits: Selected Work by Texas Biennial Artists 2005-2011, featuring current work by 26 past biennial artists, will open at Big Medium in Austin.
The actual 2013 Texas Biennial group survey exhibition will open September 5 at San Antonio’s Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum.
also by Paula Newton
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017
- French Artist Installs Huge Mural on the Mexican Border - September 15th, 2017