The Commerce Street Artists Warehouse (CSAW), the legendary Houston art space, is attempting to collect some local art history by holding a recording session at the Art League on Tuesday, August 20, from 7-9 pm. CSAW performers, residents, exhibiting artists, and anyone with “a great story about the CSAW experience” are asked to drop in and share their stories from 1985-2010.
The recordings will be archived but they will also be played at a September fundraiser for the Lonestar Explosion: 2014 Performance Art Biennale, to take place in Houston this February.
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016