The Commerce Street Artists Warehouse (CSAW), the legendary Houston art space, is attempting to collect some local art history by holding a recording session at the Art League on Tuesday, August 20, from 7-9 pm. CSAW performers, residents, exhibiting artists, and anyone with “a great story about the CSAW experience” are asked to drop in and share their stories from 1985-2010.
The recordings will be archived but they will also be played at a September fundraiser for the Lonestar Explosion: 2014 Performance Art Biennale, to take place in Houston this February.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017