The Commerce Street Artists Warehouse (CSAW), the legendary Houston art space, is attempting to collect some local art history by holding a recording session at the Art League on Tuesday, August 20, from 7-9 pm. CSAW performers, residents, exhibiting artists, and anyone with “a great story about the CSAW experience” are asked to drop in and share their stories from 1985-2010.
The recordings will be archived but they will also be played at a September fundraiser for the Lonestar Explosion: 2014 Performance Art Biennale, to take place in Houston this February.
also by Paula Newton
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017