The Commerce Street Artists Warehouse (CSAW), the legendary Houston art space, is attempting to collect some local art history by holding a recording session at the Art League on Tuesday, August 20, from 7-9 pm. CSAW performers, residents, exhibiting artists, and anyone with “a great story about the CSAW experience” are asked to drop in and share their stories from 1985-2010.
The recordings will be archived but they will also be played at a September fundraiser for the Lonestar Explosion: 2014 Performance Art Biennale, to take place in Houston this February.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016