The Commerce Street Artists Warehouse (CSAW), the legendary Houston art space, is attempting to collect some local art history by holding a recording session at the Art League on Tuesday, August 20, from 7-9 pm. CSAW performers, residents, exhibiting artists, and anyone with “a great story about the CSAW experience” are asked to drop in and share their stories from 1985-2010.
The recordings will be archived but they will also be played at a September fundraiser for the Lonestar Explosion: 2014 Performance Art Biennale, to take place in Houston this February.
also by Paula Newton
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016