People have been posing in front of the Greetings From Austin mural on South First Street since it was painted 15 years ago. Neighbors see it as a community landmark and have decided that it is time to restore the deteriorating mural to its original state. (Actually, they are attempting to raise $10,000 for the project, so let’s hope they aim for better than its original state so it lasts longer than 15 years.)
The mural is painted on the side of the Roadhouse Relics Gallery, owned by neon artist Todd Sanders, one of the original postcard painters. Now Sanders, the Bouldin Creek Community, and the nonprofit Creative Action, an organization focused on arts education for children, are partnering to restore the iconic mural.
also by Paula Newton
- Bayou City Art Festival is Going to be a Soggy One - April 29th, 2016
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016