It’s finished! Patrick Renner’s 180-foot long sculpture of steel and reclaimed wood will be dedicated this evening at the opening reception celebration. With the help of a lot of friends and assistants, Renner has completed the weaving and welding of the Funnel Tunnel that snakes down the Montrose median across from the Art League Houston (ALH). The ALH, who commissioned the project, will host the festivities in its parking lot from 6-9 pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016