It’s finished! Patrick Renner’s 180-foot long sculpture of steel and reclaimed wood will be dedicated this evening at the opening reception celebration. With the help of a lot of friends and assistants, Renner has completed the weaving and welding of the Funnel Tunnel that snakes down the Montrose median across from the Art League Houston (ALH). The ALH, who commissioned the project, will host the festivities in its parking lot from 6-9 pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017