It’s finished! Patrick Renner’s 180-foot long sculpture of steel and reclaimed wood will be dedicated this evening at the opening reception celebration. With the help of a lot of friends and assistants, Renner has completed the weaving and welding of the Funnel Tunnel that snakes down the Montrose median across from the Art League Houston (ALH). The ALH, who commissioned the project, will host the festivities in its parking lot from 6-9 pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017