It’s finished! Patrick Renner’s 180-foot long sculpture of steel and reclaimed wood will be dedicated this evening at the opening reception celebration. With the help of a lot of friends and assistants, Renner has completed the weaving and welding of the Funnel Tunnel that snakes down the Montrose median across from the Art League Houston (ALH). The ALH, who commissioned the project, will host the festivities in its parking lot from 6-9 pm.
also by Paula Newton
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016
- Rauschenberg Foundation Expands SEED Program to Include Houston and Two Groups Win Big! - August 24th, 2016
- Houston Fringe Fest Returns! - August 23rd, 2016
- New Rules! Lawndale Mixes It Up For This Year’s Retablo Show - August 22nd, 2016