There was something exciting about Houston’s annual Museum District Day and watching people make the ridiculous attempt to visit each and every participating museum in one (usually hot and steamy) day, taking advantage of the free admission, special activities, and performances. Now the Houston Museum District has broken down the list of participating institutions into four “zones” on four different Saturdays and renamed the event(s) the “Museum Experience,” meaning visitors can take the time to actually enjoy the experience.
Saturday is the day for “Zone 3,” which includes the Contemporary Arts Museum, the Jung Center, and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. There will be tons of art activities, free tours, food trucks, and, for the kids, free screenings of William Wegman’s “Alphabet Soup.” (Reservations are still recommended before visiting the MFAH’s Turrell exhibition.)
also by Paula Newton
- UT Fine Arts Includes Student Input to Expand Diversity - September 26th, 2017
- The Italians are Coming to Sugar Land - September 25th, 2017
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- New Curator of Asian Art at MFAH - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017