There was something exciting about Houston’s annual Museum District Day and watching people make the ridiculous attempt to visit each and every participating museum in one (usually hot and steamy) day, taking advantage of the free admission, special activities, and performances. Now the Houston Museum District has broken down the list of participating institutions into four “zones” on four different Saturdays and renamed the event(s) the “Museum Experience,” meaning visitors can take the time to actually enjoy the experience.
Saturday is the day for “Zone 3,” which includes the Contemporary Arts Museum, the Jung Center, and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. There will be tons of art activities, free tours, food trucks, and, for the kids, free screenings of William Wegman’s “Alphabet Soup.” (Reservations are still recommended before visiting the MFAH’s Turrell exhibition.)
also by Paula Newton
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016