The Fort Worth Art Dealers Association (FWADA) is going to sit down and finally hash out the will the age-old argument about art as experience versus art as investment. Tomorrow evening, they will present a panel discussion titled Art Versus Commodity: What is the Value IN Art?
The panel of local art professionals include William Campbell, owner of William Campbell Contemporary Art; Frank Hettig from Heritage Auction Galleries; Judy Nelson, ISA CAPP Fine Art Appraiser; Star-Telegram art critic Gaile Robinson; and Andrew Walker, director of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art. Dr. Mark Thistlethwaite, Kay & Velma Kimbell Chair of Art History at TCU, will serve as moderator.
The discussion takes place on Tuesday, July 16, at 7 pm at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. It is free and open to the public.
also by Paula Newton
- PDNB Moving Again: Developers to Follow - February 9th, 2016
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016