The Fort Worth Art Dealers Association (FWADA) is going to sit down and finally hash out the will the age-old argument about art as experience versus art as investment. Tomorrow evening, they will present a panel discussion titled Art Versus Commodity: What is the Value IN Art?
The panel of local art professionals include William Campbell, owner of William Campbell Contemporary Art; Frank Hettig from Heritage Auction Galleries; Judy Nelson, ISA CAPP Fine Art Appraiser; Star-Telegram art critic Gaile Robinson; and Andrew Walker, director of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art. Dr. Mark Thistlethwaite, Kay & Velma Kimbell Chair of Art History at TCU, will serve as moderator.
The discussion takes place on Tuesday, July 16, at 7 pm at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. It is free and open to the public.
also by Paula Newton
- West Texas Landmarks Vandalized! - February 24th, 2017
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017