The Fort Worth Art Dealers Association (FWADA) is going to sit down and finally hash out the will the age-old argument about art as experience versus art as investment. Tomorrow evening, they will present a panel discussion titled Art Versus Commodity: What is the Value IN Art?
The panel of local art professionals include William Campbell, owner of William Campbell Contemporary Art; Frank Hettig from Heritage Auction Galleries; Judy Nelson, ISA CAPP Fine Art Appraiser; Star-Telegram art critic Gaile Robinson; and Andrew Walker, director of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art. Dr. Mark Thistlethwaite, Kay & Velma Kimbell Chair of Art History at TCU, will serve as moderator.
The discussion takes place on Tuesday, July 16, at 7 pm at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. It is free and open to the public.
also by Paula Newton
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016
- Artists as Human Beings on TV - October 11th, 2016