It has been almost five months since the death of Anthony Palasota, one of Houston’s most passionate and dedicated gallery-goers and friend to almost every artist and art-lover in town. Now some of those friends are organizing a show dedicated to his memory.
Stephanie Darling, Pete Gershon, and Hardy & Nance Studios are putting on an exhibition called Art as Sacrifice: The spirit of communal artistic offering. More than 100 established, emerging, and student artists have created works for the show. Celebrants who attend the July 19 event at Hardy & Nance Studios will receive a numbered ticket and, as numbers are called, ticket-holders get to select a work. There will only be as many tickets as there are artworks.
A quote from the exhibition poster sums up the intended spirit of the event: “We miss you Anthony. Now…let’s play!”
also by Paula Newton
- New CEO at Houston Museum of African American Culture - August 31st, 2016
- Dancing With the Czars - August 30th, 2016
- Lisa Cooley Gallery is Now Closed - August 29th, 2016
- Huge Public Art Project in SATX Down to Four Finalists - August 26th, 2016
- Contemporary Art for Dogs! - August 25th, 2016