It has been almost five months since the death of Anthony Palasota, one of Houston’s most passionate and dedicated gallery-goers and friend to almost every artist and art-lover in town. Now some of those friends are organizing a show dedicated to his memory.
Stephanie Darling, Pete Gershon, and Hardy & Nance Studios are putting on an exhibition called Art as Sacrifice: The spirit of communal artistic offering. More than 100 established, emerging, and student artists have created works for the show. Celebrants who attend the July 19 event at Hardy & Nance Studios will receive a numbered ticket and, as numbers are called, ticket-holders get to select a work. There will only be as many tickets as there are artworks.
A quote from the exhibition poster sums up the intended spirit of the event: “We miss you Anthony. Now…let’s play!”
also by Paula Newton
- PDNB Moving Again: Developers to Follow - February 9th, 2016
- Happy Birthday, Dada! - February 5th, 2016
- Dallas Art Advocate June Mattingly (1932-2016) - February 4th, 2016
- Artpace Announces a Power Trio of Artists-in-Residence - February 3rd, 2016
- Toby Kamps Appointed Spotlight Curator for Frieze - February 2nd, 2016