It has been almost five months since the death of Anthony Palasota, one of Houston’s most passionate and dedicated gallery-goers and friend to almost every artist and art-lover in town. Now some of those friends are organizing a show dedicated to his memory.
Stephanie Darling, Pete Gershon, and Hardy & Nance Studios are putting on an exhibition called Art as Sacrifice: The spirit of communal artistic offering. More than 100 established, emerging, and student artists have created works for the show. Celebrants who attend the July 19 event at Hardy & Nance Studios will receive a numbered ticket and, as numbers are called, ticket-holders get to select a work. There will only be as many tickets as there are artworks.
A quote from the exhibition poster sums up the intended spirit of the event: “We miss you Anthony. Now…let’s play!”
also by Paula Newton
- Learn to Paint Like the President. Maybe Better. - April 28th, 2016
- Historic Cafeteria/Art Gallery Destroyed by Fire - April 27th, 2016
- Performance Art Takes Over Houston in a Big Way! - April 26th, 2016
- Love is for Everyone, Says Lubbock: Now Only $24! - April 25th, 2016
- Prince (1958-2016) - April 22nd, 2016