It has been almost five months since the death of Anthony Palasota, one of Houston’s most passionate and dedicated gallery-goers and friend to almost every artist and art-lover in town. Now some of those friends are organizing a show dedicated to his memory.
Stephanie Darling, Pete Gershon, and Hardy & Nance Studios are putting on an exhibition called Art as Sacrifice: The spirit of communal artistic offering. More than 100 established, emerging, and student artists have created works for the show. Celebrants who attend the July 19 event at Hardy & Nance Studios will receive a numbered ticket and, as numbers are called, ticket-holders get to select a work. There will only be as many tickets as there are artworks.
A quote from the exhibition poster sums up the intended spirit of the event: “We miss you Anthony. Now…let’s play!”
also by Paula Newton
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016
- Artist to Create Sculpture from Guy Clark’s Ashes - October 13th, 2016